Are metal fans the most hardcore?

Not asking if heavy metal is the most brutal genre or if the lifestyles of it's fans are the most extreme. What I'm asking is, is metal a bigger part of a metalhead's life than rock is for a rock fan?

So. In your response:
1. How big a part of your life metal is
2. How big a part of people's lives music is based on your observations
3. And then comments and observations and stuff
Like this:

1. Metal is a pretty huge part of my life. My recreational activities consist of playing (metal) guitar, listening to metal, discussing it (on here), going to metal shows, etc. I do other stuff, but 80% is probably metal related. When bored in class, I'll write metal songs in my head. I wear band shirts daily and grow my hair.

2. My friends who are into metal are also very music/metal oriented, they play instruments, listen to metal a ton, wear band shirts frequently, and grow their hair. My friends and other people who are into rock or pop or rap stuff are as a whole dramatically less into music. They're less likely to play instruments, wear band shirts, or listen to and discuss music constantly.

3. I don't really know why this is. It might be because metal provides a wider range of feelings than most other forms of music. It might be because metal is more awesome than other forms of music. It also might be because we're losers.

Interesting. I'm gonna admit it, I'm a newer metal fan...but ever since I started liking it, it seems so much more amazing than other genres.

1. well...music in general is a huge part of my life. Since most of my music is metal, I guess you can say the same about metal being a huge part of my life :p
As soon as I come home from school, the first thing I do is jump on my computer and listen to music...I waste time this way, it's kind of sad. but I do...because music is just so...important.
I love it to death. I can't play guitar (can't afford one) but that doesn't mean I never wanted to. I play piano...not metal lol but just music in general is my whole life.

2. My friends are not much into music. We are all 14 years old...in America..and girls. you can guess what music they listen to. my best friend loves Miley Cyrus :erk:
and I've noticed that whenever my friend finds a new band on her TV or radio...I ask her if she knows any other songs by that band..she doesn't bother to look for more by that band. She only listens to what the radio delivers to her...she doesn't care enough to go listen to more songs and for that band to become her favorite and she even admitted to me that music isn't that big of interest to her. I noticed also that people that are more interested into pop/ pop rock are'nt much into the music...they like it but it isn't their life...I think it's because when you really look at the depth of those bands, they are all the same and they aren't giving you any emotions to connect with >.>

3. I noticed someone said they shouldn't take the lyrics in metal seriously. I disagree...if the lyrics are you know about killing someone then yeah you don't go out and kill someone lol but also in metal I tend to find the lyric themes are much more diverse than pop which is obvious but because of that I'm able to connect with alot of the lyrics and I like that. I don't know if it's because I'm a girl and that's why I like lyrics so much or what...but I do, they add something to the song when they are written well and about SOMETHING. whether they're angry, sad, hopeful whatever...
Also I think metal fans are more into the music than a typical rock fan maybe because you can't just like metal and be indifferent or apathetic towards it...you can't listen to a loud, heavy, fast metal song and think "yeah this song's good"...you would be like "HELL YEAH!" you get into it...you get into the music. it's just impossible to enjoy a metal song without really getting into it lol
so IMO, if someone says "yes I like metal" but they really don't care about music...then it's just a WTF kind of thing because metal is all about the energy and passion for it...it just is. :)

*I don't know who said it, but someone posted something about teens showing off their music tastes in metal...and complaining about their life etc...I haven't seen any teenagers that try to show off that they listen to metal...I listen to metal and well I don't hide it but I don't shove it in people's faces because honestly, I doubt that they care. As for them complaining about their lives, meh I haven't met any other metal fans beside me. :erk: I'm not a tactful person, 9th grader in highschool, I am super shy....and my original friends loves the jonas brothers, tokio hotel, and miley cyrus so whatever. there's like maybe 5 metal fans in my school O_O and they don't look like the type to complain about their life therefore I don't know what you guys are talking about....*

okay I'm done. :kickass:

2. My friends are not much into music. We are all 14 years old...in America..and girls. you can guess what music they listen to. my best friend loves Miley Cyrus
and I've noticed that whenever my friend finds a new band on her TV or radio...I ask her if she knows any other songs by that band..she doesn't bother to look for more by that band. She only listens to what the radio delivers to her...she doesn't care enough to go listen to more songs and for that band to become her favorite and she even admitted to me that music isn't that big of interest to her. I noticed also that people that are more interested into pop/ pop rock are'nt much into the music...they like it but it isn't their life...I think it's because when you really look at the depth of those bands, they are all the same and they aren't giving you any emotions to connect with >.>

So? Some people are simply less into music than others.

So? Some people are simply less into music than others.

exactly. i bet there are people who love hannah montana and really look into it, know every song and go to every show. thats hardcore. however, i doubt anyone would travel to another country just to go see her perform. I still believe that metal heads would travel as far as it takes to see their favorite band. I guess i am more in the middle

A bunch of people on the AA forum, many Americans, are going to Bochum in Germany to witness the awesomeness that will be Bloodshed over Bochum (four nights, first four albums played start to finish with songs from the last one and the new one thrown in at the end, the shows will be filmed and hopefully released as another dvd set). This will cost well over $2000 dollars, and only because another random person from the AA forum happens to live next to Bochum and is willing to let internet strangers crash there.

That's dedication.
And also, I am insanely fucking jealous.

Well, in this case she's female.
And they vary.
I mean, if I had an apartment and someone I knew on here fairly well although not irl needed to crash on my couch, I'd consider it. Would depend on the person.

I mean, Bloodshed over Bochum is more or less once in a lifetime. They still play plenty of stuff off those albums, yeah, but on their last tour they'd stopped playing Masters Of War, Bleed For Ancient Gods, The Last With Pagan Blood, and a couple others. And they never played gems like Once Sent From The Golden Hall or Without Fear live.

Seeing them live in the States...I've seen them once and frankly I'd be willing to go quite surprising distances to see them again, even if they were gonna play the exact same setlist.