The Most Commercial Metal You Are Willing To Tolerate?

Korn, Deftones, Linkin Park, SOAD, RATM, for my 2000's kid thing.

Also there's this newish band a lot of my girlfriends like called Pretty Reckless? Pretty sweet, chick has a smoker's voice. The music is basically recycled rock n roll and I haven't heard much special flavoring but I'd pay less than $20 to see them live.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with that Pretty Reckless song for me is that really raw sound. I just find it kind of boring.

Oh please. Dynamics, compositional and lyrical depth. Good job producers and marketing section. You got The Butt from the trailer park. Lady GaGa is a fucking visionary. Her pop is same as anybody else's but somehow it's like, clever and deep and she's a genius etc.

Good job not refuting my actual point.

I'm pretty sure she writes and produces the majority of her tunes herself, so oops there goes your point about needing producers and all.

I'm not saying she's a visionary, but she is a good artist in her own right, which cannot be said about 99% of pop. So yeah, you're an idiot.

C'mon now, you know that's unquestionable. Of course he's a retard.

If I'm a retard, then you're a genetically-defective hillbilly tbh. :lol: Go do something you're good at, like give Dave Mustaine road head for backstage passes.

Any song about Jesus wearing an ear condom because Judas fucked him in the ear has gotta rock:

"In the most Biblical sense,
I am beyond repentance
Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind
But in the cultural sense
I just speak in future tense
Judas kiss me if offenced,
Or wear an ear condom next time"

I don't like all her music, just some of the songs that have an extra edge to them (such as the one above). Anyway, you would have to be a retard to argue that she doesn't have an AWESOME non-auto-tuned voice:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job not refuting my actual point.

I'm pretty sure she writes and produces the majority of her tunes herself, so oops there goes your point about needing producers and all.

I'm not saying she's a visionary, but she is a good artist in her own right, which cannot be said about 99% of pop. So yeah, you're an idiot.

Oh well it's fine that she writes the songs themselves, you could've written them too. It's same as the other shit on radio. Look I don't get offended when I hear it on the radio or in the club and I like some clean-sounding overproduced pop myself, but to glorify her to this point and put her above the other whores is really dumb and it doesn't make sense.

Katy Perry is more metal than half the shit posted on these forums anyways. I mean, what is that fucking horrible band from Czech called blank space or empty space or whatever?

Katy Perry is more metal than half the shit posted on these forums anyways. I mean, what is that fucking horrible band from Czech called blank space or empty space or whatever?

Why did you bring this up? They're just some hipster faggots afaik.

I kinda have to agree with The Butt. We will be hearing lady G's music for the next 20 years.

Luckily I don't really hear her music anymore.

EDIT: I hear much worse shit on the radio at work though, I admit.