How willing are you to try new things?

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I'll try pretty much anything once as long as there's no risk of hurting myself, hurting someone else, throwing up, or getting arrested. I usually keep an open mind and try not to judge books by their covers, but sometimes it's easier said than done.

I was very stubborn growing up, but nowadays new experiences and discovering awesome new things is really great. Especially things I know I would have hated when I was younger. Like electronic music.

That said, as you craft your reply, check out my all-time most favorite artist ever, Shpongle.

http://www.myspace.com/therealshpongle

Chances are good you've never heard anything like this before. Shpongle is two people, one guy who programs all the music, plays the live instruments, and writes everything... another who plays a flute. The music is magical and even breathtaking at times. It's very worldly and all the tracks are different from each other, each sounding like it came from it's own culture. Really, it's difficult to describe.

If you're willing to try new things, give it a listen ;) There are other people on this board who can attest to the excellence of Shpongle. If you like what you hear, check out this awesome live video of what lots of people consider their best song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1jPeG1LlaQ

Good times!

I dont know, some people try too much stuff for the simple of sake of "experimentation" and judge you as a closed minded prick if you disagree with them. Doing drugs is the best example I come with, although, they just say experimentation cause they are too wimpy to admit they just wanna get high. When it comes to other stuff like music or art or whatever then yeah, I try to be as open minded as possible. When it comes to food or different alcohol, I try to try as many things as possible, just because I love it.

I'm always willing. :)

"Two roads diverge in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference"

Experience is infinite and endless, crosses boundaries we don't even know exist and it's the best thing anyone can ever do for themselves.

Party on Kevin! :)

Also, I've been into Shpongle for a good while. I like this sort of music alot, I always have.

I'm pretty fucked up. I'd rather try jumping out of a plane than going to a new restaurant. I'm open minded, but I'd rather go all out if I'm going to try something. God forbid I order anything new off of a menu.

^ trying new restaurants is one of my favorite hobbies! :tickled:

I'll try anything.... seriously... ANYTHING. However like Kevis said: nothing that might hurt me, or others, or will risk me in going to jail...
I love different cultures, different cuisines, different drinks, languages...
the world has so much to offer... so little time.

Spongle is awesome btw. I checked them out few months ago: they're great! :kickass:

I've had Shpongle in my Jeep Stereo for the past 2 weeks. Ohhh yea. Great for relaxing after work drivin' home at 1:00 in the morning.

I'll try pretty much anything...although I do have a slight problem with heights.

Food wise, if it looks or smells good, I'll eat it.

eh, I do get out more than before. But my standart year consist of 1. studying 2. working during whole summer for $$ 3. Go back to step 1.

Considering I don't have much free time, I'm not doing so bad.

edit: the conclusion is, I would like to have more opportunities to try new stuff;)

I definately agree with you Kevin about being open to new experiences and new things. You have to live life and it's exciting to find new things that you can be passionate about.

As far as music, I guess I'm pretty open minded. I like everything from classical to death metal. However, there are very few country songs I like, not a big fan of polka and I only like rap if it's funny or really old school.

I did really dig Sphongle. Thank you for sharing ;)

sushies are probably my best discovery of the last 5 years :lol:
Why does it always take people so long to get into it? Nobody wants to try it but when they do, they become addicted.
That's what's great about being in Manhattan. There is a sushi place on every block.

Shpongle is kinda cool actually, I avoided them for awhile because I thought I wouldnt like them but I was wrong.

Mr Shpongled, have you heard Infected Mushroom? Similar in my opinion, and also a very cool band. I dont listen to much music like this in truth though.

Oh man I LOVE LOVE LOVE Infected Mushroom! They're a bit more straight-forward psy-trance to me, but they have one album called Converting Vegetarians that has a really great ambient vibe to it, and it's definitely my favorite of theirs. I listen to it frequently in the Fall, it's perfect for the season. I also like BP Empire a lot. Dancing with Kadafi is a great tune.

I believe Karen knows those guys. They're metalheads.

Oh man I LOVE LOVE LOVE Infected Mushroom! They're a bit more straight-forward psy-trance to me, but they have one album called Converting Vegetarians that has a really great ambient vibe to it, and it's definitely my favorite of theirs. I listen to it frequently in the Fall, it's perfect for the season.

You and me both man... One of these days you and I are just gunna sit around, smoke a bowl and listen to that whole album.

sushies are probably my best discovery of the last 5 years :lol:

Yeh, tried sushi the other day. God...it was sooo fucking good! :kickass: Luckily my friend felt generous enough to splash out on some really expensive variety box as well, which was awesome.

I would listen to Shpongle, but my sound-card's buggered just now.:cry:

And I'm fairly open-minded about a lot of things. Or I try to be at least, especially things that might land me in trouble.

Now I must go get some Sushi today... I'm an avid sushi goer.

I'm yet to break the ice with trying Sushi. All my friends love it... but I'm scared it might falling under that "throwing up" stipulation I initially listed haha.