How does Metal music inspire you?!

Does it at all?
Do you LIVE Metal? Or ist it just some sort of hobby shit for you?

Myself, I cannot imagine a life without it.
When I look back and remember there´s always some music "wrapped" around the memories.
A song or an album that I connect with certain experiences. And I think it´s amazing what music can do. When I listen to those songs again I can push myself back into exactly what I felt then in the past. Sometimes that feels good, sometimes it hurts like hell, but we have to face things that hurt, don´t we all?

And it also works the other way round, it makes me make up my future. Metal music gives me the "kicks in the ass" that I need to do certain things, to make certain decisions. It makes me sad, it makes me angry, it makes me happy...it covers the whole spectrum of emotions that I, as ahuman being, can go through.

The main inspiration I get from Metal music is for paintings. Damn, I´ve painted hell of a lot of songs. I interprete them in my own way, then a little movie is building up inside of my head and this is what I put on the canvas or paper then. (I´ll post some of the pictures as soon as I have a new camera). That works especially good with Sanctuary/Nevermore-songs, and also with stuff like Dream Theater, Danzig, Rush etc. Or even with Black Metal sometimes. Actually Black Metal is not my cup of tea, but it works very good when you feel some hunger for revenge...hrhrhr...
Now what about you, huh?! I´m curious!! :hotjump:

Oh, and for some people (you know who you are): YES, I have a Metal shrine at home, it´s called stereo, and it´s covered over and over with CD´s and LP´s (instead of fruits - I´ve given that up - they don´t smell good, when thy rot.... :D )

i live for metal. its the only thing i really truly love and could see myself devoting my life to...sometimes im really close to dropping everything and picking up a guitar. ive never tried to play so i dont know if id be good.

Metal gives me that adrenaline rush of feeling pumped up before doing certain things. It always plays with my emotions and helps me cope with everyday life. I don't look at metal as a dark force where everything is rebelling and all the other stereotypes. I look at most of the metal music I listen to as beautiful music. Especially bands like Opeth.

Almost everything I do involves listening to some form of metal.

I live for music. Not just metal. But Metal seems to be where all the new good stuff is. I love rock, jazz, metal, fusion, even classical for christ's sake. But hey, to me, good music is good music.

Metal, in particular, though, has inspired me much more than any other form of music. It inspired me to take guitar seriously and get lessons! I'm glad I did, cause I'm a much better player now.

Metal consumes me 24/7 pretty much. I listen to it, I play it and I write it constantly. My dream is to be in a band that can tour, signed or not and just play for weird and wonderful fellow metallers all over the world. But if you are true metal, why do you come here and post it? Why do you feel it's important to impose your feeling of metalness upon us? Unless you were just trying to share a feeling and it came across like you were trying to be all holier than thou. Now I must ask, you come to the NEVERMORE forum and ask the questions you do? Make the link - Nevermore forum is filled with fans of nevermore. Likelihood is they are true *blank* (fill in the blank (5 letter word) )

One thing I find annoying about the term "true." Everyone's definition of "true metal" is different. One may say that it just has to rock harder than rock. The other may say it's gotta be all "@#$^*$^@##*" with the "cookie-monster" death metal vocals non-stop with no melody, fuck balance and fuck musicianship. In this case, is there even such thing as "true?"

Metals had a big impact on me. The lyrics got me into writing my own. It's made me play guitar, made me form a band. Metal opened my eyes to a lot of things that are fucked up with the world. Especially Nevermore. Metal also made me wanna grow my hair out. Last but not least, Metal has turned me into an elitist, harboring hatered for bands such as Green Day or Slipknot.

I guess you could say metal inspires and influences me a lot.

Over the years, metal has inspired me to be more accepting of others. Since metalheads are always stereotyped by non-metalheads, I've become much more tolerant of people different from me. Don't get me wrong, I still hate those ignorant country fucks and rap/hip-hop gangstaz, but I'm much more accepting of them :D

It inspires me to kill pigs in the name of some dude I met at taco bell a few weeks back.

aberape3hl.jpg

The_River_Dragon said:
One thing I find annoying about the term "true." Everyone's definition of "true metal" is different. One may say that it just has to rock harder than rock. The other may say it's gotta be all "@#$^*$^@##*" with the "cookie-monster" death metal vocals non-stop with no melody, fuck balance and fuck musicianship. In this case, is there even such thing as "true?"

Of course there is such a thing as "True Metal", it is called MANOWAR. LMAO:headbang: