does anyone use ear plugs?

I never leave home without my Tympro's.
They suit my ear only and it'll take a year or 10 before i have to replace these.
(Nose and ears are the only parts of the body that keep growing.)
I swear by earplugs especially when you rehears every week or visit many concerts, soundchecks, etc. I had to get used by the sound with earplugs and had to listen with ' different ears' because i had trouble with the sound coming through. (sounded like humming in the beginning). Now that i am used to wear Tympro's, i never want anything else. There's also an earplug that is made of silicons, they are flexible. Just go to your local music/instrument- dealer and they should be able to provide you good earplugs or atleast should be able to give you information about where to order.

tymproimagetop.jpg

Due to ear problems that cost $15000 to fix (fortunately not directly to me) you're goddamn right I'm wearing earplugs. I just fixed my ear, why would I want to go and destroy it again?

Edit: Kriggis is right, you know. They filter the noise out and the music is actually better sounding. Less distortion and hiss.

i go to concerts all natural, but for practice, since its once a week it becomes a bit much, i keep ear protection that covers your ears completely in my trunk for when i go to the firing range. Me and the rest of the guys in the band all use them for practice to keep from senselessly hurting our ears on a weekly basis.

speaking on topic, I use ear plugs on 90% of the concerts and 100% of the rehearsals. Some concerts with low sound I do without, but when its really high I use it. I'm gonna be playing and listening to music for decades, and I don't wanna do so while being deaf

also i was wondering when bands play like 20 tour days in a row or something and they dont wear earplugs i noticed, well some bands do, but some dont. wouldnt they go deaf or hurt their ears or something by hearing loud music so much?

Well, you'll probably see that évery professional band is wearing earplugs.
If a band doesn't, they're ignorant, or they like not hearing things.
The band is indeed behind the wall of sound for the audience, but usually they are being monitored, so they have sound coming at them too (they need to hear what they're playing too) and remember there's pretty much always a drummer beating his drums to shit so the guitarsound and stuff is always at least as loud as that (otherwise you wouldn't hear yourself on stage).

If you're just an attender of concerts:
It depends how sensitive you are for noises, but I think it's always wise to wear earplugs. If you're hearing a beep in your ears after a gig, it's bad for your hearing. In the beginning usually they fade away. But after a while there's always a gig so fucking loud that the beep will be permanent. I have that now, so I started wearing earplugs. For me it works very good, cause I use the same (very expensive) ones as when I'm playing drums, and I hear the sound very well.