Are you guys looking forward to the new Slayer album?

Yup, their earlier releases anyway could fit, not so much the latter, though either way they're totally a rockin' band. Anyway, I believe Sludge though originally had a big 'core influence? So slow and heavy is only part of it, but regardless, genres are marketing gimmicks so I don't delve into such frivolity.

Sludge can still be used as a style descriptive as it was in this case, than genre nomenclature, so that's where the fun comes in, see: Heaviness Thread

Chromatose said:
since you guys hate the new CF so much, that probably means it's quality music. I'll have to check it out

oh hey seems I was right! pretty damn cool album, I like the style of heavy dark rock.

about time they did something interesting eh?

Are you trying to tell me that Celtic Frost made a good album? Surely you jest, Derick, surely! I cannot believe in these types of miracles.

I would dare to go so far, yes!.. "good" in the least, it may make decently for repeat listens as well.

It's groovy grab bag of styles, lumbering around in the war zone between blackened metal and new wave, all the while exuding an atmosphere that it is in no way superfluous!

You can hear the whole of "CULT" at slayer.net

and it is fucking poor. Tom sounds awful, the lyrics and music couldnt be anymore boring.

derek said:
You can hear the whole of "CULT" at slayer.net

and it is fucking poor. Tom sounds awful, the lyrics and music couldnt be anymore boring.

yeah, the lyrics are fucking terrible. tom doesn't sound awful imo but sounds pretty bad. the music is alright at best. I really hope the new album isn't like this.