Slayer 1/30/07

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
I'll keep this short.

Unearth sucks.

Slayer played way too much new shit (4 songs of christ illusion and 3 off GHUA, 4 if you count the intro).

Old chicks, who hang off you while you stand at the balcony and then their huge boyfriend comes over and starts to try to fight you cause they think i'm trying to get with his old lady, not so cool...

Easily the most awful slayer show I have seen... And I was drunk (free reign on the bar for me!), and when i'm drunk at a show, usually i think its awesome. But, with the exception of a few songs, it was crap.

Highly suggest against seeing slayer on this tour.

i would've liked to see them when they are/were around here. even if they play new stuff, the first 2 songs off christ illusion are good while the rest is shit so that makes it more bearable, plus if only 5 of the songs out of the set suck thats not that bad.

Disciple
War Zone
Catatonic
Jihad
Bloodline
Cult
Eyes of The Insane
War Ensemble
Dead skin Mask
Mandatory Suicide
South Of Heaven
Die by the Sword
Reign In Blood
Silent Scream
Angel of Death

is the setlist, slightly out of order I think. And maybe missing a song, dunno. My memory isn't THAT good.

Their stage performance was really weak as well.

I don't think I'll be going to slayer shows anymore, if it wasn't for alcohol, i'd of been bored.

Indeed. On the War at the Warfield DVD they have a bonus feature consisting of fan interviews. Complete with such gems as:

"slayer, like, made me aware of, like, the bad things in christianity, like, it's all bullshit man".

and

"fuckin' slayer, death to pussy metal".

Put as wonderfully as the bludgeoner of eloquence himself, K. King.

Indeed. On the War at the Warfield DVD they have a bonus feature consisting of fan interviews. Complete with such gems as:

"slayer, like, made me aware of, like, the bad things in christianity, like, it's all bullshit man".

and

"fuckin' slayer, death to pussy metal".

Put as wonderfully as the bludgeoner of eloquence himself, K. King.

They're quite a literate bunch, aren't they?

and ironically, Mr. Araya himself is a DEVOUT CATHOLIC!

dun-DUN-DUN