kerry king bashes metallica again...

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
So this is out of the latest edition of guitarworld, and interview with kerry king (it is taken from metallica's message board, i didn't get this number yet)

GW: Well now he's (Rubin) working with Metallica.
KK: It was like, that was a slap in the fucking face. But we'll see how that pans out. You can't reinvent somebody that doesnt want to be reinvented."
GW: Is that what you think he is trying to do with them?
KK: If they can't reinvent themselves, where are they gonna go? When you do the thrash thing for however long they did it and you go away for years and years, you can't just come back and pretend that you've been a thrash band all that time. Because it's fucking running right by you and I think that's what they are finding out.

GW: ..More recent acts...ie citing Slayer as an influence because of their riffs and overall approach....
KK: It's safe to reference us because we've never changed. A band can say they are influenced by Metallica...and you gotta say, well which one? The one that was heavy for all those years or the one that cut their hair and did Fuel?

so according to him megadeth should be ignored for doing risk. I think KK is a retard he is talking like he knows what metallica is going to do next, but he doesn't know shit. Another reason for me to be happy with downloading slayer's music and 20 minutes later deleting it.:p

i didn'tlike the loads nor risk but i respect metallica and megadeth for doing them and trying something new. I would take load any day of the week at any time over anything slayer put out, maybe except seasons in the abyss, maybe that is just me....
t was like, that was a slap in the fucking face. But we'll see how that pans out. You can't reinvent somebody that doesnt want to be reinvented."

wtf were rubin and KK married or something, where they sharing the same bed at night and now rubin is sharing with hammet or hetfield? rubin is a producer and he can work with anyone he wants to work with it imho. How does KK know that metallica doesn't want to be reinvented?
Imho i can hear more band being influenced by metallica than by slayer and sepultura can be one of these bands (beneath the remains intro, desperate cry riff before the short lead and the list can go on). I don't to be a metallica fan boy but it is sad to bash a band for releasing something different....my 2 cents

Wow. Kerry King actually made a good point. Unbelievable. Metallica is trying to jump into a scene that has long since evolved from what they were in the 80s. He also mentions why Slayer sucks so hardcore. They've never tried to do anything new or unique.

releasing something shitty is all about the eye of the beholder. britney spears can say TGE sucks, while i can say TGE kicks ass. Or KK can say that that reign in blood is the best thing ever while i can say it is shitty.
Now what about opeth's damnation, it is different so opeth should be bashed.
metallica does what they want, and so does nevermore, opeth and all these bands, while slayer i believe are forcing themselves to "keep it metal" which is sad again. If you are a musician you play the music you feel like playing not what others tell you to, and metallica has done that through the loads imho, and opeth did through damnation

Haha, no no, I'm not saying that doing something different was a bad thing. I'm saying that Metallica has been removed from the Thrash scene for a long time now. There has been a lot happening in it, and their effort to hop back into it has proven to be a little subpar. I really don't like any Metallica or Slayer, though...or much Metal for that matter. If Metallica does something different, that'll be great, but I'm just judging based on the new song that they played live, but...hey, it's all subjective anyway.

Karmic said:
well, from what I heard from cult, they're trying a blend of both.... which doesn't sound too thrilling. too much old KK slapping his hand over his guitar

I'd just say too much Slayer. :loco:

Its funny, because everyone who give Metallica shit for selling out and changing are mostly the same people who give slayer shit for not changing. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Personally I would listen to crappy Slayer than any Metallica.

Hawng said:
Its funny, because everyone who give Metallica shit for selling out and changing are mostly the same people who give slayer shit for not changing. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
looks like we have a winner here

Karmic said:
well, from what I heard from cult, they're trying a blend of both.... which doesn't sound too thrilling. too much old KK slapping his hand over his guitar
Haha Kerry King sucks ass at soloing.