The World Of Metal According To SLAYER's KERRY KING

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
from Blabbermouth.net
Aug. 30, 2002

SLAYER's typically-outspoken guitarist Kerry King has once again offered his opinion on a number of other bands during a recent interview with Metal Update, which has been posted online at this location. Here are a few of Kerry's comments as they appear in said interview:

On IN FLAMES:
"Um, they're all right…They've done a random show or two with us in Europe the past couple years. I guess musically they're pretty happening, but not that entertaining to watch for me. I need to be entertained, you know, anybody can play fucking guitar."

On ARCH ENEMY:
"To me, it's Euro-metal, you know? It might be the next thing, a lot of people say it is, but I'm into more aggression."

On MESHUGGAH:
"MESHUGGAH is a really good band, they're just a little too out there for me, you know? (laughs) It's just like, what the fuck are these guys doing?"

On DOWN:
"DOWN's a little tired for me, you know, I'm not a stoner, so. . . To me, that's killer fucking stoner swamp music, but I've heard SUPERJOINT RITUAL, and I like that better, because it's more PANTERA-like."

On PANTERA:
"They've got 'it.' I don't know what 'it' is, but they have it. They're a little more bluesy and they definitely have the down south vibe, but 'Becoming' is probably one of the best songs ever written."

On HALFORD and JUDAS PRIEST:
"Well, HALFORD, to me, is more JUDAS PRIEST than JUDAS PRIEST itself. Cause I heard 'Resurrection' and I'm like, 'That's the best JUDAS PRIEST song I've heard in ten years!' [As for JUDAS PRIEST] to me, they're failing miserably. And I hate to see them fail, because they're my own heroes, but the songwriting on these last two records, to me, just sucked a big dick."

On IRON MAIDEN:
"I like MAIDEN, and we did some of the shows when [vocalist] Bruce [Dickinson] came back with three guitar players, and it was the most Spinal Tap thing I ever saw in my life. . .They've got three guitar players onstage and you can't hear any of them until one does a lead. There's something seriously wrong with that. I mean, you only need two, for one thing. You've got [guitarists] Dave [Murray] and Adrian [Smith] up there — what the hell's Jannick [Gers] doing up there?. . . I mean, I was baffled. And when I saw them play, it was [drummer] Nicko [McBrain], fucking Bruce, and [bassist] Steve [Harris], and that was all you heard. And I was right at the front of the house. (laughs) It wasn't like I was sitting off to the side anywhere."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerry King is dumb.

Thank you.

-EY

Kerry King is a fucking idiot.

On In Flames:
"anybody can play fucking guitar."

Then why can't you? Call it a day already, dickhead.

hey ppl...what's your problem...you call him a dickhead for calling other ppl dickheads or 'just entertaining'...wow

what would you say if he would say 'backstreet boys suck, anyone can fucking sing'.

'Then why can't you?' most probably...

He is honest! He always says what he thinks! Not many have the balls to do that. So I respect him very much to have the balls to say what he really thinks! But yeah, sometimes he could keeps his opinion to him self, but everyone has his or her right to their own opinion and freedom of speech. So....

Well, I think Kerry King rules!

I'd like to see that fuckface hang in a band like Deeds of Flesh, or Gorgasm. Or Dark Funeral or Destroyer 666. He couldn't do it, I guarantee it.

His whole attitude gives me the impression that he think he's the best fuckin guitarist alive. What a piece of shit. Hey Kerry, Slayer fucking sucks bro!

I think the middle stuff i kind of boring. I like a few songs off of GHUA. They're best stuff is definately Show No Mercy, its really catchy and less repetetitive.

Simply put, Slayer sucks and Kerry is a jagoff. The day Slayer is half as good as In Flames, on record or live, I'll start giving a damn about what Kerry says. Someone please explain to Mr. King that it's no longer 1985 and no one gives a crap what he thinks.

GZ

come on lets face it,you CANT compare in flames to slayer.slayer used to be gods,fathers of thrash and extreme metal in general and actually even in flames might sound different without slayer.and in flames have never written CLASSIC songs like south of heaven,raining blood,angel of death,war ensemble etc.what,episode 666?gimme a break.