Slayer's Kerry King comments on WCFYA

Guess you need to make a new New Year's resolution Darbysdad...

As for the logo...people notice Anthrax more than that logo when I wear my hat. "Why are you wearing an Anthrax hat? What's wrong with you?" I educate them about the band and they're like, oh, okay...

i say let the music do the talking,slayer would never take anthrax on tour because they would get blown off the stage,slayer have well and truly passed there suck rule.

lets not forget that it is brents design it is original!!!

There is no "inverted pentagram," per se. A pentacle is the star in a circle, where the star is up. The pentagram is the pentacle inverted.

This may sound like nit-picking, but I have wiccan friends that get really bitchy about people calling pentacles pentagrams, and vice-versa...

Sgt-D said:
There is no "inverted pentagram," per se. A pentacle is the star in a circle, where the star is up. The pentagram is the pentacle inverted.

This may sound like nit-picking, but I have wiccan friends that get really bitchy about people calling pentacles pentagrams, and vice-versa...

I did not know that...........BUT now that you mention it... I remember my friend (who is wiccan) referring it as a pentacle!
I borrowed a wiccan book from him, to check it out. I just skimmed through it, but found it interesting. He told me about Lucifer, the Sun God. And he said that people saw the sun god and said it was evil, because Lucifer was of fire.

btw-- At least wiccans don't go door-to-door trying to force you into their religion....

ThraxDude said:
I did not know that...........BUT now that you mention it... I remember my friend (who is wiccan) referring it as a pentacle!
I borrowed a wiccan book from him, to check it out. I just skimmed through it, but found it interesting. He told me about Lucifer, the Sun God. And he said that people saw the sun god and said it was evil, because Lucifer was of fire.

btw-- At least wiccans don't go door-to-door trying to force you into their religion....
Or ask you if they can read you the bible while you're trying to work! FREAK

~Why a pentagrams satanic? What is satanic? Just because some balding schmuck wrote a book in the fifties everyone thinks that they are an expert on the subject. Does anybody really care what the symbol means really? A star in a circle is just a symbol, and like all symbols they mean different things to different people.

~If anything Slayer "stole" it from Venom, along with many other things. Besides this interview has to be fake... Kerry isn't badmouthing every band on the planet just to get attention because Slayer's album sales are down. Why can't he explain those pics of him in spandex?

or him wearing make up!!! surely THAT is goofy.

yes lombardo kills on the gathering- i have that record. but we all know that not many people have heard it and the props he gets are from his OK work with slayer.the irony is- that he plays the best ever on the gathering and i reckon so few people know he plays on a testament record...

Jeez this IS a lame ass discussion! Kerry didn't get a joke. Does he really think Anthrax wants slaytanic image? And to the point, if someone thinks Slayer invented pentagram, he/she must have bats in the bellfry!

The New Slayer Sucks.....the New Anthrax Rules King Is A Big Mouth Who Dreams He Was In Anthrax.....

i cant stand all this horse shit being flung around about slayer, king OWNS hanneman OWNS lombardo OWNS araya OWNS bostaph OWNS slayer from metal massacre to war at the warfield OWNS

SLAYER85 said:
i cant stand all this horse shit being flung around about slayer, king OWNS hanneman OWNS lombardo OWNS araya OWNS bostaph OWNS slayer from metal massacre to war at the warfield OWNS

I agree with you. All Slayer OWNS.

ALL SLAYER OWNS!

Slayer is pretty good, but Anthrax is a way better onstage, enough said. Plus, I seem to have grown out of their "hate all the world" pose!

i agree bostaph owns, i prefer him over lombardo- definitely a more creative drummer.

last time i saw slayer, hanneman sucked so bad. he was so sloppy and all his solos sounded the same. their solos are the weakest link in their sound.

i'm tiring of slayer. the thing i prefer about anthrax is that they always try new shit and aren't afriad to take risks in their songwriting. slayer are just boring now...they keep putting out the same shit.

personally i can't stand kerry link i think he's an arrogant moron...

the only reason slayer sells more than anthrax now is the fact that anthrax replaced 2 members which can be catastrophic for most bands,metal fans hate change,sure slayer have stayed true but cant they come up with something fresh,as for kerry's comments saying it was generic is just damn bitchy,no wonder mustaine and king got on so well lol.