Slayer's Kerry King comments on WCFYA

nythraxfan

Feb 10, 2002
upstate new york
Visit site
ANTHRAX – "We've Come For You All" (album)

Kerry King: "Yeah, I got it. It's generic. I like John Bush's singing. I saw 'em the other day and it looks like they're trying to put it back together. I hope they can, but I think they've shot themselves in the foot too many times, and it's hard to take people seriously when they've done so many goofs. Those pentagrams [on the album cover] bug me. You don't just take the pentagram up 20 years into your career. It's like, 'Pentagrams are cool,' so they have them. Fans aren't stupid any more, 'cause I am a fan. I know these guys, but I'm a fan of the music. Shit like that sticks out to me. 'These guys never had pentagrams before, what's up with that?' It's like they didn't think it out completely. It'd be like us using clocks with skulls for our stage show or something."

Ah yes, as usual, Kerry is at no loss for words on a critical level.

So bands should never have new logos or different art for each album? Is that waht Kerry is saying? If the pentagrams are his biggest problem with the album then so be it.

Yes, he means 'inverted pentagram'. A normal pentagram isn't evil.

I agree with Slayer85. God Hates Us All rules!

And the Brent-A-gram kicks ass too! I got the shirt with it because I want to kick ass.

ok, ive heard about inverted pentagram is evil and regular like means somting about the earth goddess, wtf is the difference between a regular and inverted it seems likea symmetrical figure to me, how can you invert it or w/e, someone bring picture examples

WhatIsPentHd.gif

That one is a pagan/wicca thing. It is not evil. It symbolizes the 5 elements.
I think they are earth, wind, fire, water and the 5th element (that redhead girl).

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/p/a/paves/tumedatulepentagrammelf.jpg.html
This site (above) has some explanation.
The inverted pentagram with the upside down star, is satanic. Like an upside down cross. Does that make sense?

The pentagram logo is a cool logo which is nothing more than that.

Kerry King takes himself far too seriously - doesn't he realise that Anthrax know how to actually have a bit of fun - its not like they're going to put out a record like Hell Awaits and start praising Lucifer !!!

Anthrax and Slayer are even.
Kerry King stole Scott Ian's look.
Anthrax 'stole' Slayers pentagram.

ThraxDude said:
Anthrax and Slayer are even.
Kerry King stole Scott Ian's look.
Anthrax 'stole' Slayers pentagram.

LOL now THAT is funny...!

kerry is jealous cos his band aren't talented enough to re-invent themselves and try new things like anthrax. all they can do is keep putting out the same old music- yawn...

" I think they've shot themselves in the foot too many times, and it's hard to take people seriously when they've done so many goofs" What is he talking about?

Oh well, the last few cuts I've heard from Slayer are mello compared to Regin in Blood. And Thraxdude is right Anthrax stole the pentagrams and Kerri thinks he's Scott.