Do you like living where you are now?

The only remotely cool thing about my town is that we have a ski jumping hill in the middle of town, i think that's pretty unique.
hd_tremplin-ski-5mini.jpg

That is AWESOME! And scary.

The stupid thing though is that they built that thing but the local ski jumping club exists of four or five people tops, and there's rarely more than one competition a year.

Ashdod is pretty cool as a whole though the neigborhood where I live is infested with Ethiopians who like to upset domestic peace by seting off loud weddings and funerals in the backyard(it's difficult to tell a wedding from a funeral in their case as they always play the same music-- some mindboggling one-note trance, layered with tribal screams).
What's most important is that the city is outside of range of enemy missiles, so life is good.

I moved to a small town in the Champagne region of France called Chalons about 2 months ago. I hate it.

Before that I lived in Perth, Australia, and loved it. Beautiful beaches, warm weather almost all year, and more relaxed than the bigger eastern cities like Melbourne and Sydney.

I'm finding it hard to adapt to the weather in France, it's fucking grey and cold and miserable all the time. In Perth the coldest days would be around 14 degrees C and on those rare days we would hole up inside! Here if I get a day that hits 5 deg I consider myself lucky and go shoot some basketball after work outside wearing ten layers of clothes. Plus the people here are pretty cold too so it's hard to meet people and make friends.

man, none of you have room to complain. i live in a place worse than any of you have yet to mention - oklahoma city.

I split my time between Cambridge Ontario and Waterloo Ontario.

Cambridge is pretty shitty, I know a lot of people here still but there is generally fuck all too do. Also, a lot of people drive like assholes because they are mostly Toronto commuters.

Waterloo isn't so bad, since it is a nice university town with two unis, and one college--so by default it has a decent bar scene and lots of young people.

the weather sucks in both of them though.

You poor thing. OKC is a dump and Norman is full of retards.

Ah, you've had the unfortunate fate of visiting here. You must surely understand my pain. Norman is filled with redneck fratboys and retarded burnouts, yes, it truly is a shithole. There is also Edmond, not far north of OKC, a town full of new money with vacant yuppie consumerism and the kids are all "scene" only their scene is "3 years ago scene" but they think they're on top of it all :lol:

even the poseurs are poseurs.

I'm in southern West Virginia, Boone County to be exact. Home of such white trash legends of Jesco White and Hasil "The Haze" Adkins. At times I find myself hating this place due to its seclusion from damn near everything, but at the same time, it's why I love it. The people aren't too great unless you're talking to an old timer that picks a banjo or plays a fiddle. Or even one of the ancient ones that was around to see the last major armed insurrection, the Battle of Blair Mountain.

Aside from the people, this place is amazing. I can be in the thick of the forest and mountains with a quick trip out the front door. This place is beautiful to say the least, and I think that's what keeps me here.

Pictures! (of West Virginia)

Ah, you've had the unfortunate fate of visiting here. You must surely understand my pain. Norman is filled with redneck fratboys and retarded burnouts, yes, it truly is a shithole. There is also Edmond, not far north of OKC, a town full of new money with vacant yuppie consumerism and the kids are all "scene" only their scene is "3 years ago scene" but they think they're on top of it all :lol:

even the poseurs are poseurs.

Been there. I don't know if you saw my other post but I lived in Tulsa for four years and on occasion I'd go to OKC for shows. There was a pretty active yet small metal scene between Tulsa and OKC while I was living there but from what I've heard, it's died off again.

I'm originally from Arlington, MA which is a suburb of Boston. It's nice and I like my friends there a lot but it's pretty boring.

I go to university in Toronto and I really love it. It's fun being downtown in a big city. I like the people and there is a lot to do. Most tours come here and there are a couple decent local bands. Lower drinking age is nice too.

I like Chicago a lot. I'd prefer to be out of this house and into a better neighborhood nearer the 24 hour trains, but my area of town isn't bad, just a bit boring and far from better bars and shows usually. Great metal scene here, lots of shows, great food, a few world-class beer bars, mostly good transportation, downtown is clean and very pretty.

Weather could be better.