What do you do for a living?

I work at a McDonalds. It's alright, but doesn't pay that much. I'm working about half time, so a bit more than 20 hours a week. On the plus side, it gives alot of free time, but then again I'm not exactly raking in the cash either. I've asked for more hours, but the economy and everything is so sucky now so they simply can't. I'm strongly thinking of getting another job, but then again, nobody is hiring now either.

Push a mouse around for Amazon.com dealing as an intermediary between the Customer Service reps abroad and the local distribution centers. I just found out my 10% discount is valid on Dean, Krank, and Line6 products we distribute out of PA.

Thanks to this site and all you crazy bastards my recordings have improved and gained me some demo work as well as the confidence to self produce my bands first full length.

I do that as well, although the prices in Finland are such that almost everyone orders on-line (or straight from the importer, if you're a studio).
:erk: Really? You gotta get some good deals on Genelec, though, right?

Full Time Automation Engineer.

Until September 2009 !! When I will enter the ArtEZ, Enschede NL. To start Audio Engineering studies really oriented towards composition and music.

Software engineer for automotive electronics.
It's a great job and it's good money, but probably not the kind of work I had in mind for myself when I was a hard Death Metal kiddie :headbang:

Interesting to see that most guys here don't make a living with music.

QA Manager / Technician for a magnetics company ... we're basically a distributor with some light manu capabilities, some plastic injection molders etc ... and basically provide magnetic products for just about anything you can imagine ... clients range from Lockheed to Ibanez

Neodymium guitar pickup magnets, maybe?

Jeff

Hahaha ... nah, only pickup magnets we work with are just the standard alnico or ceramic although I did get a guy in here once who was trying to design his own brand of pickups using a type of flex (rubber mixed with neo). He was trying to emulate the sound of some old boutique pickup from the 50s or something ... it didn't work

usually the only compression bonded neo stuff we work with is used for multi-pole precision switch motors.

Its too bad really, our standard doesn't require us having any design responsibilities, otherwise I wouldn't mind playing around with some different materials to see what I could come up with

Full time student studying medicine, hope to be a surgeon someday... also work part time at a retail store to get by*