What do you do for a living?

Haha, well I feel like I made a mistake studying something I have no interest in and therefore have no motivation for. I'm thinking now I should have chosen something I was interested in so I could actually put in enough effort and get a better grade. Ah well, guess you can't win!

I see what you're saying, but at least it's a pretty lucrative profession. Who knows, you might end up diggin' it down the road. Also, the production thing seems to be working out for you. I'd love to do the production route for a living - hell I live next to NYC which has a multitude of studios. I think I became jaded during college and felt like I needed to make a decision right then and ended up studying in the wrong field.

-Joe

Hey Machinated alot of the actuall jobs you can get with a mechanical engineering degree aren't nearly as boring as the course work you do in school (then again some are worse). If I was doing stuff at work like I did during most of my schooling I would quit tommorow. Chances that I will ever do another diff eq = zero.

Regardless I hope you make a go of it as a producer, since your work sounds very pro.

Solution Architect/Business Analyst for a small management consultancy. Mainly work on IT, Legal and Finance projects these days. My production/multimedia days are pretty much over as the market fell through the floor a while back.

Cheers Midget! Yeah, I'm really looking to suceed as a producer, I have my 2 biggest jobs of last year set to be released over the next 2 months - and both have good press agents and promotion planned so hopefully it will be a nice big step up for me. Last year was really quite a big jump for me, if I can keep the momentum up I'll be a happy man.

I'm sure no matter what I wind up doing I'll be fairly happy! Glad you enjoy your work - it gives me some hope if I need to go to plan 'B'.

Full-time graduate mathematics student and teacher (I teach developmental math classes as a TA), and part-time math tutor. I also occasionally do things like computer work, but I'm making enough to survive from teaching and tutoring (I think) and when I'm at a better school I'll pull in quite a bit more.

Jeff

Web and Graphic Desing.

And sometimes i follow Fat guys playing a tuba

Last edited by a moderator:
Studying Mechanical Engineering - a bit surprised to see a few others around here.

I have no intention of going to work in that area, not for me. I'm running my studio through the holidays, about to set it up as a company and am going to carry on with this route when I graduate.

Seriously, I thought you were studying audio engineering lol
I should read better stuff on msn lol

Just joined and this is my first post!

Software Engineer but have been a guitarist since the mid-eighties. Used to be in the Death Metal band Eldritch Horror back in the early 90s and we're getting back together (which led me to this site!).

This is the best metal forum I've ever seen.

Thanks everyone! :headbang:

Own a flooring installation (carpet) company which consist of me! So I'm self-employed, work when I want for how long I want and get paid good so I can come home and play music all day. Fuck college:heh:

Retail. But I work in recording gear sales. The discounts and subject matter make it worth it. Noticed a lot of software engineers here. Surprised there aren't more recording gear salesmen, actually. Good "day job", IMO.

Retail. But I work in recording gear sales. The discounts and subject matter make it worth it. Noticed a lot of software engineers here. Surprised there aren't more recording gear salesmen, actually. Good "day job", IMO.

I do that as well, although the prices in Finland are such that almost everyone orders on-line (or straight from the importer, if you're a studio).