What do you to get shit off your mind?

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
We all have our times in our life when we feel everything is out of control and heading for the worse, our low moments so to say, from whatever it may be, relationship troubles, breakups, unemployment, band break up etc etc. But I want to know, what do you guys do to cheer yourselves up, especially if you don't have money to go out and party or lack the funds to drive a long distance? Other than drink beer, smoke some herb, air drum to your favorite music, what do you guys do to forget about the bad shit and just enjoy yourselves?

On a side note, I notice some of you guys are always talking about getting on MSN, seriously drop me by a PM with your SN's and I will drop you mine, just might make one with my AS name just to make things easy. Would really like shooting the shit with the likes of Marcus or Gareth, or any other dudes that want to talk music (doesn't even have to be metal). I am the Orchestral Melodeath guy if anyone recalls, I know that I have a lot of people asking me about what I do so like I said, drop me a line!

I've got msn, although in a few weeks I'm not really gonna be online much anymore when American/Canadians are gonna be online (I'll most likely be working when you guys are just getting home from work and being on the computer), so I dunno if it's worth adding you if we wont get much of a chance to speak anyway.
I do love to rant, I love talking guitar with people (if that's your thing) and I do not mind if people want to get shit off their chest with me.

haha that's cool about being blunt, I seem to be too blunt at times. Yeah I am on almost all hours, really changes around form day to day so you never know.

Since I do math for work and fun, that's the first thing I jump to. A good puzzle makes just about everything else disappear.

Other things... screaming, roaring, or growling just feels great. (I've even done this in the middle of lectures, when construction going on outside made it hard for students to hear me. They found it entertaining, I felt better - everybody wins there.)

The only really stressful things I deal with are things I brought upon myself - high standards, absurd expectations, et cetera - since I have no problem at all with confronting anyone I think is fucking with me. There's no good reason for holding back from a proper confrontation when someone is trying to ruin your day, and it really only takes a couple of standoffs to end that bullshit permanently - prepare, keep your wits about you, and prepare to destroy anyone who gets in your way.

Jeff

I go for a long walk (1,5 to 2 hours, or about 12-15 km / 7.5-9,5 miles) in the pitch black darkness with some fast as hell black metal blazing in the mp3 player. Really clears you up :) The near/below zero temperature of autumn Finland also helps it, plus it's also healthy to get some fresh air into your lungs!

I go for a long walk (1,5 to 2 hours, or about 12-15 km / 7.5-9,5 miles) in the pitch black darkness with some fast as hell black metal blazing in the mp3 player. Really clears you up :) The near/below zero temperature of autumn Finland also helps it, plus it's also healthy to get some fresh air into your lungs!

yeah a good run/bike ride when its cold is always great. Its late September and it is still over 100F(44C)

Weed, Beer, Vagina.
What about if you are frustrated by the lack of vagoo, compensate with more weed?

That, minus the vagina.
I ain't getting laid lately:(

hahah I feel your pain!

get stoned, play some doom on my acoustic, drink, watch a movie, go for a walk, chain smke, haha

and yeah man, feel free to add me on msn: jackssmirkingrevenge@live.co.uk

cool!

The reason for making this thread is that I have a bunch of shit from my pat getting the coming back to bite me in the ass, unemployed and in debt (only about 400 but I fucking hate owing a dollar even to a friend). Since I am looking for a job I can't smoke, nor do I have the money to replace it once it is gone, and I am 19 so obtaining booze is pretty hard, I stopped smoking, just bought two packs of cloves at the last minute because as of midnight of last night that dickhead Obama made them illegal to sale in the whole fucking country. Oh and my computer broke so I am on a laptop, and I don't have a way of playing any music from the internet, my recorded music and CD's I ripped to my HDD and later lost the CD's (my room is an absolute mess, I completely lost an entire computer in here somewhere). And because my recording computer is down, no recording, not mixing, no entering the tone competition for me. And ATM, I have a physically crippling migraine so air drumming and headbanging like an idiot is out of the question. To top it off I haven't gotten laid in well over 2 years haven't even remotely hooked up with any girls (its almost impossible for me). So of course a few years of a whole bunch of shit and no way to relieve the frustration makes you pretty fucking antsy and down.

I might have another beer, for the pain mainly and might go out for a smoke here in a bit, although its late September and well over 100 degrees outside (I really hate California heat, its truly miserable). Totally can't wait for the cold cloudy days of winter, even though we never see snow.

Ive been going through a whole lot of shit lately and (I know this sounds bad haha) but Ive just been drinking and listening to music. Whenever Im not working (which isnt that often) Ill have either a beer or a bourbon in my hand and will probably be listening to my ipod and ignoring everyone else :p

That and going for big walks (esp at night), bike rides, FUCK MAN mountain biking is the most calming shit ever, seriously fucking rules, unfortunately I have to drive for about an hour to get to any mountain bike parks (and havent been driving much - refer back to the drinking comment :p) but I seriously havent found anything more relaxing than mountain biking through a forest - if you go on a quiet day you cant see a single person anywhere, cant hear anyone - its awesome.

Im always open to chatting to people on msn man, add me if you want - munkychicken@hotmail.com (i was 10 when i came up with that shit haha)

I grab a good book and sit and read for a few hours. My problem is that I tend to read three books at a time - right now I'm finishing up "It" by Stephen King, just started Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita" and I've been trudging through "Atlas Shrugged" for a while now. Basically I feel like having sex with an underage philosophical clown?

@roy: I really can;t read a book, I get way to antsy. While I am extremely introverted, I can't sit still for too long unless I am on a computer, while I like getting into a god book, I get bored really fast because there is this though going on in the back of my head telling me I am wasting precious time of my life that I will never get back to do something more fun. Kind of a recurring fear since I was younger when I felt that I was blowing through the years of my childhood (which I still feel that I did). For that I don;t watch TV or read. I have to feel physically involved with what I am doing, like actual interaction. So talking on the internet and playing video games is the only thing that I can do sitting down for long periods of time, except for playing and writing music or driving.

Ive been going through a whole lot of shit lately and (I know this sounds bad haha) but Ive just been drinking and listening to music. Whenever Im not working (which isnt that often) Ill have either a beer or a bourbon in my hand and will probably be listening to my ipod and ignoring everyone else :p

That and going for big walks (esp at night), bike rides, FUCK MAN mountain biking is the most calming shit ever, seriously fucking rules, unfortunately I have to drive for about an hour to get to any mountain bike parks (and havent been driving much - refer back to the drinking comment :p) but I seriously havent found anything more relaxing than mountain biking through a forest - if you go on a quiet day you cant see a single person anywhere, cant hear anyone - its awesome.

Im always open to chatting to people on msn man, add me if you want - munkychicken@hotmail.com (i was 10 when i came up with that shit haha)

I love riding out in nature, I live smack in the middle of a metropolis we do have a huge bike trail that goes all the way through although it does go through some slums, in order to get to the sierra foothills where it is nothing but trees occasionally its a good 30 mile ride just to get to the foothills and in this current 100+ F temperature, its completely miserable to ride 100ft let alone 30+ miles.