The Most Commercial Metal You Are Willing To Tolerate?

fwiw I hated nu metal as a kid.

same. 'cept SOAD if they count, but i liked TOXICITY mostly back then - my adulthood is where i realised the s/t is superior. i fucking hated korn back then haha, i was most into pre-AMERICANA the offspring and nirvana.

plenty of alt- rock/metal is better than a lot of the metal praised by mainstream publications nowadays, and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.

plenty of alt- rock/metal is better than a lot of the metal praised by mainstream publications nowadays, and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.

I second this. Lot of current popular metal is on the level of bad hip-hop or pop music songwriting wise.

I personally came from punk, not nu-metal. I remember my first big punk show, I loved it. Later I realized I was listening to trash. Literally, one of the local bands I liked could be translated as trash(Odpad). I do listen to some punk nowadays, partly due to nostalgia, but I also realized that punk can be interesting as long as the band put some thought into writing instead of punching three chords as fast as they could.

Disturbed's final two albums were pretty surprisingly good. Also liked Wrath by LoG to a point. Volbeat is pretty tolerable radio metal...

That is about the going rate for tolerable metal nowadays. They get a fuck ton of airplay down here in Florida and its a good thing.

kpop is good

Last edited by a moderator: