Pirate my CD?

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Hi. I know you guys in the band are pretty against the pirating of your music and all.... I, on the other hand, am not against the pirating of my music because I know that I am not going to make a cent with it at this point. Large metal bands are barely making cents. So I'd like to extend this invitation to all of you who use torrent to download my band In Staid Grace's new CD...

Code:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4627768/In_Staid_Grace_-_2009_-_Revelations

I'm just posting it for people who like the metal, and I am not trying to use ND in any way to promote my band, this is just a great metal forum with a lot of metalheads and I thought you guys would be interested. I am myself interested to hear if ND says anything about the CD. It's the first CD I have growled on and by comparison all my old scream recordings are really grating and annoying. I have to thank ND for the inspiration among other sources.

Well I am trying to get the word out on it, so I'd appreciate it if anyone can help seed or spread the word on it. There's not really anyone downloading from me right now but the websites list a bunch of seeds and some leechers so it must be taking on a life of its own to some extent, but still not too many people involved. :)

Thanks? :D

By the way, it has Zaragil and Amalgamoth from Ophidian Forest doing guest spots on track 3 and 10.

The difference obviously is that you yourself are making the choice of what to do with your music, giving it away for free because you choose to do it. Our objection isn't just about the money and all that when it comes to pirating our music, it's the fact that others are making the choice to give it away for free when it's not theirs to do so with. We're always down with giving away free shit when we're able to and it makes sense :) Every time a new cd of ours comes out, we send out loads of free promos to stores, magazines, stations, etc. And then of course we have the free downloads on our site and Myspace, and streaming the album to hear, etc. It's essentially the same idea as what you're doing here by putting this up- sending out free music in order to promote it. So it's not so different really when you think about it :)

I'll check out your stuff man, thanks for the link

i like the overall band sound, your growling has improved :) if you make things a bit more dynamic in the rhythm department and tighten up your arrangements a bit you might have something here :)

Well thanks, Antzor! So were you actually able to download the CD? Me and a few guys were playing Left 4 Dead on Expert last night and I almost turned it off, but goshdarnit, someone was downloading and I just couldn't bring myself to pausing their download, heheh... We got to act 5 and 2 people left and it was 5 in the morning so we had to quit anyway, that really sucked after all that work. That game is tough on Expert for 2 people... we got close but as soon as one guy goes down, you're boned. Plus the game spawned a witch at the top of the ladder TWICE! The second time he caught it on fire and it sat there screaming until it died and fell down the ladder hole in front of us, hahaha....

But anyway, sorry about the rambling... I really appreciate you guys checking it out. I totally understand what you're saying Larry. I guess it is true, once you've got the MySpace streaming and the music video on youtube and releasing some mp3s on your site, people really do get a lot of it for free. ;)

I downloaded it too. I think its really good shit I wasn't expecting much honestly, but this just bleeds poetic beauty and the death-doom combination really seems to work well for you. You got something pretty good going on here! Come tour Canada! :kickass:

Joel

I'm Downloading it, have one seed right now. I'll tell you what I think when it's done

Edit: btw is "oinkness" in the comments you? that dude talkin about true metal is a total asshole, you shut his mouth pretty nice, but it still pisses me off how stupid people can be, just wanted to let you know

Ahh man I wish I would have read this thread sooner. I got so depressed over what that guy said.... The music is shit? I deepthroated my dad? And after I thought I had made real progress and had got better, it still amounts to nothing in the eyes of the metalhead population. CanadianMetalFan and SlipkyesBass, thank you both so much for your comments. That's the kind of stuff I really wanted to hear and I really wish I would have seen this sooner. I totally appreciate it... Yeah that was me on there, how could he say my vocals sound like deepthroat and then list Children of Bodom and In Flames of all bands? Their vocals have gone down hill...... and Kalmah? If anything I'd draw a similarity, I mean Kalmah switched to the guttural airy growl sound too. :-\

By the way, that one seed was me. I've been trying to keep this on constantly and people usually get about 90kbps upload speed from me. :) So far I have uploaded 5.23GB of it! But nobody seeds it. So I don't know what to think.