Pitchfork review for Ghost Reveries(special edition)

He didn't really talk that much about the actual album. I was slightly dissapointed.

What did you expect, this is pitchfork, where every review is an attempt to show off how long their reviewing-penis is instead of actually like, review the album coherently.

Update: " Instrumentally, in addition to the usual double-bassdrum action, Opeth blend prog, jazz, stoner haze, blues-rock, Indian raga, pastoral tips, and acid-tinged freakers. " man i hate you pitchfork, also 1:40 in ghost of perdition is soulful fusion?! WTF.

What did you expect, this is pitchfork, where every review is an attempt to show off how long their reviewing-penis is instead of actually like, review the album coherently.

Update: " Instrumentally, in addition to the usual double-bassdrum action, Opeth blend prog, jazz, stoner haze, blues-rock, Indian raga, pastoral tips, and acid-tinged freakers. " man i hate you pitchfork, also 1:40 in ghost of perdition is soulful fusion?! WTF.

Yeah I was kind of wondering about that part too.

But really I was just trying to be polite to the threadstarter. Because he seemed to think it was such an amazing review.

Nowhere in my post i have said i thought it was amazing or something, just thought it was a good read, i was surprised to see that particular site praising the album so much and showing some respect\credit to Mike, etc. You guys don't need to agree with every fucking word that is written there ffs. What reviewers don't exaggerate a bit when they really enjoy an album? it is part of the fun too...and plus it is always good to see Opeth getting more and more attention.

WalkingBazooka: you don't need to be polite, just stick to your own opinions, speak your mind

Well I'm glad that the cat liked the album. I just think that he should have talked more about the album and that he shouldn't have said things that don't even makes sense. 'Pastoral tips.' What the fuck does that mean?!?!?

i dont mind it when the reviewer adds barely irrelevant information sometimes. so many reviews are just "bang bang bang the album is ______ and its good/bad". theyre more fun to read most of the time.

Also dude, when these "indie" music type webzines, you know, uhm, review albums, that the particular webzine has not been writing about since their uhm, you know debut album came out usually cram their whole career into the review, nothing wrong with that, since the average reader probably doesn't know a thing about Opeth, some backstory seems not too out of place.

i think they meant david vincent, not steve tucker. but whatev. decent review, hopefully gets them more exposure, etc.