Places and things to do in London

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
Hello, coming over to the city at the end of april( Opeth gig).

Any recommendations concerning places to see. I was there last 10 years ago and saw the main attractions.

Some ideas:

Nice areas to go for a walk
Good record stores
Little interesting shops
Book stores
Darkness clothing
museums
Foodstores...

i went there for a week the summer before last. i shopped every day, and that's it. it was a nice week ^^
oh, i also sat on this sight-seeing bus... where you could get off where you wanted... but i never did, it was too damn hot.

remember though: if they ask 'you want chips with that?'
you might get actual chips... as in:
6cerecept_chips.gif

that is all

enjoy

ps: your nickname: devil? nicccce

You prolly just wanna hang around Camden.

Well, for pubs that play metal / clothes shops / cd stores / extreme variety in food anyway.

Not really museums that I know of in Camden, need head down near Thames for that. As far as bookshops go I don't really know but prolly around West End so take tube to Tottenham Court Road.

Pђoenix;6931067 said:
:lol: You're thinking of America. Here chips are 'fries' and crisps are what those things are^. ;)

That too. We invented the language, what we call chips/fries ARE chips... crisps are as pictured above :p

is the word "fries" understood anywhere in the UK? i mean if i go there i'd probabily not think about saying "chips" instead of "fries"...

Yeah of course it's understood, just most people think lolamerica when it's said :p. Macdonalds is probably the only place where it's used commonly.

Pђoenix;6931067 said:
:lol: You're thinking of America. Here chips are 'fries' and crisps are what those things are^. ;)

no, seriously... it happened to me!!!!
i haven't been to america... the multiple 'years' on the plane scare me :Smug:.

i liked london, the shopping street is endless!
and there's this metal-esque store called... something, anyhow, they had nice clothes and swallowed most of my budget ^^ :zombie:

also, you might be there when a band to your liking perfoms?

when i was walking around there was a guy asking me if i had an extra ticket for that eve's flogging molly show... if i'd known, i might 've gone...

I'm guessing you've been and come back by now but anyway....

When I went to London (other than just for the airports) I went to the little chinatown (street) thing and saw the squashed ducks and chinese copies of penthouse magazine....

They have really cool huge video game arcades or there was one at lest. Don't know if that interests you...

I saw the changing of the guards, I think that's what it's called, should know; being British.

I just wandered about near Chinatown and the big swiss shop with the clock on the front. I was staying in a flat in vauxhall but that wasn't a hugely interesting bit of london if I recollect. Go see the houses of parliament and all that jazz, I would say.