Fun things to do for a day trip in Atlanta?

the top of the Westin Peachtree (the top two floors rotate - one's a lounge, one's a restaurant, but for $7, there's a look and see level, which is great on a clear day)

Just a tip...you may want to check and see if this is still an option.

I was there recently and you can still go to the top and view they city. I'm not 100% sure if the restaurant still rotates since I wasn't really paying attention. When I went they used different elevators to the top that you could not see out of.

I was there recently and you can still go to the top and view they city. I'm not 100% sure if the restaurant still rotates since I wasn't really paying attention. When I went they used different elevators to the top that you could not see out of.

Awwww...that's no fun...the elevator ride up to the top is half the fun, being able to see the city as you go up. But, at least you can still go to the top! That building looks awful right now. I can actually see it from my office window and it looks worse now than it did when the tornado ripped through here! LOL!! :rolleyes:

Just go down to Little 5 Points and hang out, check out the shops, and eat at the main Vortex base (or a variety of other places there, like Savage Pizza or L5P Pizza). Even if you can't afford much by that point, window-shopping is free and the L5P area has a fairly bohemian clientele....although it's not as cool as it used to be back in the day.

I concur with Paul... It's always fun on Saturdays and Sundays to hang in
L5P. We do it all the time ....

The New World of Coke is great just to go see the 4-D movie. It was awesome. We did it this summer and loved it. It's like a Disney attraction, really. All we did was that and the tasting room, though; but after the 4-D movie, we didn't care about seeing anything else there.

Wow, that's actually pretty good. Do you buy those passes only at World of Coke?

I bought the Citypass online at the World of Coke website. But you can buy them at the attractions themselves. The best think about the citypass, no lines.( except at the Aquarium, but it wasnt too bad.)

World of Coke is impressive, but it's -like others said- one big coke-advertisement. And the only drink I liked there was the Nestea Peche Blanche from France, all the rest was way too sugary for me. CNN is really interesting to do too

Especially in the "Pause Theater" where they show nonstop commercials! Most of the drinks were ok, except the one called "Beverly", yuck. The 4D theater was cool. CNN was cool, but talk about alot of security.

Did you go to a gas station and wait in line for an hour for some gas, that is the newest thing to do.

There was the traditional pilgrimage me and Derek took to the 'galactic' Borders Books up near Lenox on Sunday, followed by the sacred visit to Jade Palace up in Smyrna..... :lol:

Considering we got there during 'lunch,' and the price was lower than their dinner price, we made out like bandits. All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet and Mongolian barbecue for about $7.50 a person. :kickass: