Things To Do In Atlanta

Do not ever go to Underground Atlanta, that place is like a crackhouse. There's not even anything there worth seeing, you might as well go to the closest Big Lots. Just a warning to the visitors. There is not much to do in Atlanta but sit around and drink.

Underground blows, but if there's a Braves game and the little golf cart (supposedly for elderly/handicapped/etc.) folks are bored, they'll whiz you right on through to the shuttle at the other end. :)

Shaye

The_Q said:
Please beware: The Italian coke is so bitter you better be next to the garbage can to spit it out. NASTY!!!!

How is it compared to Moxie?

Also, does anyone know if Button Guinette Hospital is still around? I want to visit it before I head home... I was born there and I'll be in Hotlanta about a week and a half before my birthdate!

So EVERYONE can visit my birthplace if they want! :lol: :kickass:

-MetalRose

The_Q said:
Hey Rose, what is moxie?

Yeck, please don't call me Rose or Rosie... MetalRose or Metal work fine. (It's an old college nickname...)

Anyway, Moxie was the first true soda... Formed in 1884 primarly sold on the East Coast. It is a VERY bitter soda, almost like an unsweetened sasparilla (sp?).

Someone from CT, ME, or RI should bring some down.

-MetalRose

Dan, thanks for that info. We'd wondered about their kitchen, since their kitchen staff apparently listens to WREKage -- when they remember to put us on -- and we made an appeal to them to feed us for free. (Seems only fair, right? :) )

Avoid Underground Atlanta, folks. It just isn't worth the effort, and it's become a haven for gang activity at times.

I've often said Atlanta is a great place to live, but a so-so place to visit. There really aren't too many "touristy" things to do here that differentiate it from other cities...but it IS a good place to eat, fairly cheaply, if you know where to go. And for those who want to, you can drink. :D

Tony, we'll get to Waffle House. Eventually. :)

BTW, MetalRose, nice sig quote there from The Last Dance -- they're quite good friends of mine and I saw 'em here a few weeks ago at the Masquerade. Excellent show and a chance to see their 'other' drummer, the famed Stevyn Grey. :)

am_ash2 said:
Don't forget the Vortex for the best damn burgers in the U S of A, and a massive selection of microbrews to boot.

Wow !! Their beer selection is impressive. They even have five varieties of the Sweetwater (Atlanta micro) beer. Great stuff.

There is always White Water park and Six Flags for those interested in that type fo thing.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Wow !! Their beer selection is impressive. They even have five varieties of the Sweetwater (Atlanta micro) beer. Great stuff.

There is always White Water park and Six Flags for those interested in that type fo thing.

Bryant

Yeah, We should go to sixflags with Urban, Adagio, Daniel Gildenlow, and Tobias Sammet :headbang:

i go to the vortex pretty often since i live here, but one night - late during progpower last year i ended up there... was really cool

I think we're (me & at least 2 other folks) going to wind up at the Vortex Wed nite and then maybe head over to the 9 Lives or something afterwards.

Bryant, you should call in sick (or sympathetically sick) and head up a day early!

Shaye

lady_space said:
I think we're (me & at least 2 other folks) going to wind up at the Vortex Wed nite and then maybe head over to the 9 Lives or something afterwards.

Bryant, you should call in sick (or sympathetically sick) and head up a day early!

Shaye

Waah !!! I would love to, but it's not going to happen. I work between six and seven days a week keeping machines running and also giving 100% to piss management off enough so they toss and turn at night, but not enough to fire me. I have an extremely demanding job and we don't have sick days. I've already laid out for a couple of days when management pissed me off back in March and didn't call in etc. I can't take additional days off without burning precious vacation time...... but I will see how things look at the time. If Harumi weren't pregnant, I might just give them the middle finger, as experienced industrial troubleshooters are a hot commodity in my area right now, but I need the insurance right now.

Bryant