Wild Bill's in Atlanta

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Atlanta folk, how is this place for live shows? The wife and I are going to be in Atlanta this weekend and I was trying to find a show of some sort to attend. Cinderella is playing at Wild Bills, so I was just wondering what type of venue it is. Any personal experiences?

By the way, are there any other bands playing in the area this weekend worth seeing?

~Brian~

Wild Bill's is a Country and Western bar 90% of the time. Every now and then a Rock/Hard Rock/80's Hair band will appear there. Being a bar it will be an intimate setting for that show.

It's actually in Duluth outside of the perimeter, and is a "safe" place so far as crime goes.

Well, I kinda half agree w/ your statement about Wild Bills: 1-It's become a lot more Rock/Metal oriented lately!!!
Dokken just played there last weekend! 2-I think it used to be a lot more of a country bar, but lots more Rock/Metal bands
are playing there a lot more!! On the big stage, as well as the smaller Crown Lounge for local Rock/Metal bands,
including my own Circle Of Noise! We just played there a few months ago & the crowd from the excellent AC/DC tribute band-Back 'n' Black
from the big stage were just getting through w/ their set & lots of the crowd came in to check us out, as they heard us
coming out from that show!!! Great Venue!! I highly recommend it!!!
Absolutely one of The Best in Atlanta imho!!! :D

Just saw Dokken there last weekend, nice place to see a show, very big with plenty of bars :)

Area is safe, maybe a little "too" safe, got detained by the cops for trying to take a shortcut across a street back to the hotel *haha* I understand they will pull you over for anything around there.

But yeah, cool place...

Not sure how they set it up for concerts, but lots of standing room and good acoustics. The owner is a musician, so you can imagine he probably had the place set-up specifically for him to sing in. Good area, lots of parking (it's near the mall).

i've enjoyed a number of rock/metal shows there - lots of room on the floor and usually plenty of seats/barstools to perch on if you prefer to stay up above the crowd.

the location is kinda crappy, depending on your starting point. parking is ample and i've not had issues with ingress/egress (it doesn't get too congested, generally)

enjoy your weekend in town :)
(for other shows, check out Masquerade or Smith's Olde Bar or even Centerstage/Vinyl)

Yeah dude, go for it and have fun. I saw an MMA bout there and the place is huge, with plenty of seating if you want it.

Fyi, if anyone that's an ATL native even remembers, but Wild Bills also used to
be the old Service Merchandise store from Way back in the day!!! :D