Places to eat around CENTERSTAGE

J-Dubya 777 said:
And we KNOW how much you like your meat! :heh:

J-Dubya

Didnt get it and hopefully it's not what Im thinking.....
But if you were talking about brazilian steakhouse... yes, I do like them very much.

IceQueen_ said:
Didnt get it and hopefully it's not what Im thinking.....
But if you were talking about brazilian steakhouse... yes, I do like them very much.

My apologies, I thought that was a Milton post! :oops:
I only pick on him, not you! :saint:

I'd be MORE than happy to give that steakhouse a shot this year!

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
My apologies, I thought that was a Milton post! :oops:
I only pick on him, not you! :saint:

I'd be MORE than happy to give that steakhouse a shot this year!

J-Dubya

It's okay... but I hope this won't happen again
lol
:rolleyes:

kellsco said:
Didn't I read in another thread, maybe the one about the hotel closing, that the Buddha was going to close as well due to road construction? Is that going to be this year or next? Or was that yet another PP dream...

The Chinese Buddha people had told me last year that they would eventually have to be closed for road-widening, and I think the Hampton Inn (which is closing) is also on the same road, 14th St. So, it's possible, maybe even likely. I'll try to drop by the restaurant and ask.

We almost went there after Dragonforce, but we opted for City Cafe instead. :)

Not shown on the map but an easy drive from the venues at night and both are open 24 hours:

City Cafe Diner 1935 Piedmont Cir NE, Atlanta, GA
Taco Cabana 1895 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA

From Center Stage Atlanta, formerly Earthlink Live:

After passing the venue, stay to the left and at the top of the hill, veer left past (not through) the traffic light. Stay on this ramp for about one mile. Take the first ramp you come to on the right (to Monroe Dr.). At the light (fire station right in front of you), make a left. City Cafe will be in front of you and is bright enough to be seen from orbit.

...for Taco Cabana, continue on past City Cafe. At the next light (Piedmont Ave), you'll see the restaurant in front of you. Make a right and then turn left into the parking lot.

To return, go south on Monroe Dr back through the light; fire dept. will be on the left. At the foot of that hill turn right at the light onto Armour Dr and then make an immediate left onto the ramp for I-85 South. Follow the signs for Spring St. S/Peachtree St and you'll end up right by ye olde Fairfield Inn, one block west of W. Peachtree St., which is where the venue and Granada are.

Note that there is also a City Cafe on 10th St., but it is no longer as good as the one above, which is newer.

Bad Girl Tess said:
There is a Mexican food place???? How have I missed that all these years? Bueno.

Tess, Atlanta has lots of excellent Mexican restaurants. That's a Friday night ritual if you live in Atlanta. Depending upon whether you like a more Tex/Mex type cuisine or more authentic cuisine, I can point you in the right direction. Have lived here in the midtown, Virginia/Highlands, Buckhead area for over 20 years and have grazed through them all..... :)

booB said:
There's a place called Einstein's, where Sumeet, myself, and a few other friends ate. They have booze, good food, and a nice outdoor patio. Not sure if it's still there, because it's been a couple years since we went there, but they still have an entry in Yahoo Yellow Pages. The location is below.

einsteins.jpg

Einstein's is awesome, Bob! It is still there. They have upgraded somewhat and a little pricier, but well worth it. Also one of my favorites!! :)

Pellaz said:
The Chinese Buddha people had told me last year that they would eventually have to be closed for road-widening, and I think the Hampton Inn (which is closing) is also on the same road, 14th St. So, it's possible, maybe even likely. I'll try to drop by the restaurant and ask.

We almost went there after Dragonforce, but we opted for City Cafe instead. :)

Not shown on the map but an easy drive from the venues at night and both are open 24 hours:

City Cafe Diner 1935 Piedmont Cir NE, Atlanta, GA
Taco Cabana 1895 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA

From Center Stage Atlanta, formerly Earthlink Live:

After passing the venue, stay to the left and at the top of the hill, veer left past (not through) the traffic light. Stay on this ramp for about one mile. Take the first ramp you come to on the right (to Monroe Dr.). At the light (fire station right in front of you), make a left. City Cafe will be in front of you and is bright enough to be seen from orbit.

...for Taco Cabana, continue on past City Cafe. At the next light (Piedmont Ave), you'll see the restaurant in front of you. Make a right and then turn left into the parking lot.

To return, go south on Monroe Dr back through the light; fire dept. will be on the left. At the foot of that hill turn right at the light onto Armour Dr and then make an immediate left onto the ramp for I-85 South. Follow the signs for Spring St. S/Peachtree St and you'll end up right by ye olde Fairfield Inn, one block west of W. Peachtree St., which is where the venue and Granada are.

Note that there is also a City Cafe on 10th St., but it is no longer as good as the one above, which is newer.

Good suggestion, Paul. Taco Cabana is on our way home and is open 24 hours. Good late night food. We stopped there every night on our way home during PPV, I believe it was, when we had no electricity due to the hurricane, came home and ate by candlelight every night!!!

Kathy said:
Good suggestion, Paul. Taco Cabana is on our way home and is open 24 hours. Good late night food.

Yep. Heck, if you're heading north out of town on 85, City Cafe and Taco Cabana are not at all far off your path...City Cafe especially.

We stopped there every night on our way home during PPV, I believe it was, when we had no electricity due to the hurricane, came home and ate by candlelight every night!!!

The fajita nachos are to/die/for !

For those unfamiliar with City Cafe, BTW, they have a vast menu, breakfast served 24 hours, dinners, you name it. Food is decent-to-very-good and the portions are almost always ginormous. 'No-one leaves hungry at the City Cafe.' The motto is true and indeed, I usually leave with a to-go box. :headbang: