playing C.O.B. songs on guitar

Originally posted by Bodom Child 1960
I was wondering if any of you guitarists out there can play any C.O.B. songs on guitar? i can play the intro to Hate Me!, most of Lake Bodom, Red light in my Eyes prt.1, solo in Everytime I Die, and Kissing The Shadows.

there's a thread of it here... take a look carefully before post!:D

I used to play lead in a COB/Rhapsody/Stratovarious cover band...so yeh I can pretty much play anything you put in front of me, umm Kissing the Shadows was prolly the hardest song to learn just cuz I had to play in time with the keyboard player, and that was always a bitch.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
I used to play lead in a COB/Rhapsody/Stratovarious cover band...so yeh I can pretty much play anything you put in front of me, umm Kissing the Shadows was prolly the hardest song to learn just cuz I had to play in time with the keyboard player, and that was always a bitch.

I think Kissing The Shadows isn't very hard.Here is the list of COB songs i play:
Downfall
Lake bodom
Eveyrtime I die
Silent night bodom night
bodom after midnight
bed of razors
touch like angel of death...

I spent a little while just listening to the songs and getting a good feel for them. With CoB I learned that patience is your best fucking friend. The songs I can play are:

Wrath Within
Children Of Bodom
Bed Of Razors
Everytime I Die
Follow The Reaper
Children Of Decadence
Lake Bodom
Towards Dead End
Touch Like Angel Of Death
Taste Of My Scythe
Hate Me!
Silent Night, Bodom Night

I am working on:

Kissing The Shadows
Downfall

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
thorns are you serious? how long have you been playing? got any clips?

(and to my previous post, yea it was obviously a joke)

My friend, I have tons of clips of me, alotta neo calssical shred ala Alexi Laiho, Mike Romeo, and Jason Becker...

Lately I have been playing a more Opeth, Katatonia style, with pretty harmonies acoustic passages, and a more emotional style of soloing. I can still wail when I want, alot of my time is devoting to perfecting my sweep picking, right now I'm working on 7 string sweeps, ugh I practice alot like 5 or 6 hrs 3 or 4 goes to technique, and the rest goes to composition and writing...I teach guitar on the side for cash..I have a 3 song intrumental demo that I shopped around when I was looking for a band..so if u wanna hear me Private Message me, and I'll send you sumthin..peace

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow

My friend, I have tons of clips of me, alotta neo calssical shred ala Alexi Laiho, Mike Romeo, and Jason Becker...

Lately I have been playing a more Opeth, Katatonia style, with pretty harmonies acoustic passages, and a more emotional style of soloing. I can still wail when I want, alot of my time is devoting to perfecting my sweep picking, right now I'm working on 7 string sweeps, ugh I practice alot like 5 or 6 hrs 3 or 4 goes to technique, and the rest goes to composition and writing...I teach guitar on the side for cash..I have a 3 song intrumental demo that I shopped around when I was looking for a band..so if u wanna hear me Private Message me, and I'll send you sumthin..peace
And can´t you record the Kissing the Shadows solo and include it here? :cool:

If i can get my RG7620, set up again to play a whole step down again, I will.

That song is in DGCFAD...and Floyd Rose guitars are the work of the devil, so I ain't screwin with it, till I take it to the shop.