Playing drums good exericse?

Utuk Xul

Demon Spawn
Feb 13, 2002
The 9th level of Hell
Visit site
Seems like it would be. I need to get some exercise but I find running/jogging/bicycling EXTREMELY BORING - so much so that I can't do it.

Playing drums looks like fun, and besides, my band has been looking for a drummer for so long it might be better if I switched to that.

So, drummers out there, what do you think?

i don't play drums, but watching and talking to drummers during/after they play a good set, they seem exhausted so i believe it would be great physical activity.

moreso though, it really exercizes your brain making you think in 4 seperate limbs independent of each other.

yeah, people always think drummers are morons but I think they have just dissengaged half of their brain to allow them to count 7/4 (I don't really think drummers are dumb)

(and I can play in 7/4)

drumming is an awesome exercise. When i was starting up and gaining my speed at double bass, i tried keeping it seady and even my legs would hurt so bad, even going as slow as 120 bpm. when i'm doing fast fills around my toms my arms still hurt after i'm done.
slow and steady drumming isn't exhausting at all. fast and dynamic parts are, when you're not used to them.

(and I can play in 7/4)

odd time signatures suck.... it took me forever to get used to them.... i want to kill when my guitarist comes up in something in 6/8 or 5/4.....