PLAYING LIVE WITH IPOD HELP!!

illfists

melodymolester
Nov 4, 2007
Sudbury
www.torquerecordings.com
Hey guys,

I Need some help with this.. I want our drummer to have a click track/guitar track playing in-ear and samples playing through the p.a. What I have come up with is panning the click/guitars hard right and the samples hard left. Have a splitter in the ipod so one goes to channel 1 and the other into channel 2. Pan them accordingly, plug into a D.I. box so the samples are playing MONO and the in-ear playing mono to the drummer...

When i tried this, i failed miserably. I need help, if anyone does this live, can you PLEASE help me out, im sick of feeling frustrated lol

Just to try this out i just used the mixdown in windows media player.. I then plugged my fancy 1/8 splitter into the headphone jack.. plugged one into a mixer, and the other directly to the in-ear.. the inear plays the samples and click track in separate ears (which is what i expected) and the line from the mixer into the pa.. It plays the same.. I cant even pan it! the click and samples are just playing mono.. which is why im so confused!

^you need one LIKE that, but one that splits it to L/R, not two stereo signals of L&R/L&R. they often have different colors so you know which is which

Sounds like your splitter is splitting a stereo signal to 2 stereo signals?
I always use an insert cable and an adapter to 3.5mm on the stereo side.
If u use something like this,

http://www.microbarn.com/details.aspx?rid=101373

then you need the two sockets to be mono... The one in the link would be the wrong one...

does that make sense???

That makes total sense, because im preeetty sure thats the one i have! Where can I find one that splits L/R?