playing of metal in public?

lol, nice

If I need some air and I'm on the freeway, well...with windows down I have to blast some shit to hear it. But other than that, why make yourself look stupid..

Why would you look stupid?

Seems there are a lot of losers on the forum who are too insecure to play the music the like (supposedly) in the presence of others!

Why would you look stupid?

Seems there are a lot of losers on the forum who are too insecure to play the music the like (supposedly) in the presence of others!

No one's fucking insecure, some of us are just intelligent enough to be aware that most people don't love black/death metal.

If I'm driving around in my car, and I want to blast metal, I fucking will. Like it's fair at all that I have to listen to people's window-shattering ghetto blasters all the time. Plus I enjoy the reaction I get from conservatively dressed people as I drive by them with pure evil spewing out of my windows. Maybe I'm just a bitch? :)

One time I was listening to the Grand Conjuration like almost full volume and the chorus came on and this guy next to me jumped about a foot out of his seat and moved over 3 lanes instantly.

There is nothing wrong with playing metal i public as long as ppl around you enjoy it,and most of ppl around dont enjoy it.I dont like bothering ppl with music they simply dont enjoy.Would u like that someone comes to you and play some music u hate and starts telling you its awesome?Your music is your thing.
So respecting other ppl music tastes makes me insecure and a loser?

It's totally true guys. You have to chose what those around you will enjoy. Sometimes I can get away with playing metal if I just pick appropriate songs for those around me. Usually more progressive stuff is better received (go figure). But if you play something someone doesn't like, they will speak up, and then you can either continue playing your music (like a dick) or switch it. People are passionate about both their likes and dislikes in music, and they can spark arguments easily.

I enjoy blasting the metulz around people, but certainly not to showcase anything in particular. I just believe I have the same right to blast my music at a loud volume as the people who blast "accepted" music. At parties and stuff I wanna mix in some of my stuff as well no matter what people thinks.

I would not mind playing death or black metal with others around... But I would rather put on something more than I like.

Does playing metal in public make you feel super-specially better than the rest??

keep music for yourself, no one wants to know the music you hear, and no one is willing to dig it.

I am not talking about anything extreme, trying to disturb people blasting brutahhl metulzz in their e3arzz.

Anyways, I won't pretend to care but it is a bit disturbing hearing weak responses about being extra secretive and appeasing about the music you listen to.

I found that it is best to be uncompromising when it comes to ones musical taste.

Metal_wrath, you're obviously missing the point. Or are you totally getting the point and you actually think it's genuinely "weak" to play music that doesn't disturb your friends and family? If that's your opinion then cool, keep on blasting, w/e..

I am not talking about anything extreme, trying to disturb people blasting brutahhl metulzz in their e3arzz.

Anyways, I won't pretend to care but it is a bit disturbing hearing weak responses about being extra secretive and appeasing about the music you listen to.

I found that it is best to be uncompromising when it comes to ones musical taste.

fact is 90% of people despise metal, wtf would be the point in me playing it to them when i can play something catchy and easy that they'll enjoy and i can stand ftlog. lol at 'weak responses' you miserable failure.

fact is 90% of people despise metal, wtf would be the point in me playing it to them when i can play something catchy and easy that they'll enjoy and i can stand ftlog. lol at 'weak responses' you miserable failure.

Playing metal around people doesn't equal playing it for them. 90% of people have probably never heard any decent metal which makes it much more surprising to them when they hear a sample.

doesnt matter if its playing it for them, they fuckers hear the goddam music. and seeing as im not going to walk down the street with a boombox over my shoulder blaring meshuggah, pretty much the only people im going to play music in front of are people i know so yeh it is pretty much playing it for them. if by public you mean outside your house to people you dont know, youre even more retarded than i thought

k lets give up on this guy he thinks consideration for other people = being a pussy and insecure about our own tastes

rofl