playing of metal in public?

+1
When i was in high school,everyone who wanted to play the bad ass, they steal their parents' car, and they put techno, house music on and they start drifting and shits !! that's pretty lame imo !
And i think that play death metal or prog or black is quite lame lol, i would put Deep Purple, Motorhead, or anything like that in my car.

emm, just asking you out of curiosity, do people in Sweden speak in Death metal voice? :rolleyes:

well yes, our most famous news anchor Bengt Magnusson has a badass death metal voice. :loco:

I have no problem with bass or low notes but bands like Meshuggah overdo the downtuning so much that it begins to feel gimmicky. And their vocalist is easily one of the most annoying metal vocalists I've ever heard. Sounds like he put no work into an extreme vocal style whatsoever and is just yelling, yelling, yelling. TBH, it sounds to me like a metalcore band that knows more about rhythm and downtunes for the br00tality. Just my view, w/e.

oh, agreed 100%. I don't mind the downtuning, but the vocals irritate the hell out of me. It's a pity, because I really enjoy Haake's rhythmic mindfucks, but I have to switch off after a few songs because the vocals are too annoying to be endured.

I have no problem with bass or low notes but bands like Meshuggah overdo the downtuning so much that it begins to feel gimmicky. And their vocalist is easily one of the most annoying metal vocalists I've ever heard. Sounds like he put no work into an extreme vocal style whatsoever and is just yelling, yelling, yelling. TBH, it sounds to me like a metalcore band that knows more about rhythm and downtunes for the br00tality. Just my view, w/e.

Very true. Their singer is a complete failure as well as their guitar work..

-----------------------------------------
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

:rolleyes:

Very true. Their singer is a complete failure as well as their guitar work..

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

:rolleyes:

your argument is invalid. there are many great riffs built upon very few notes or power chords. I can agree some meshuggah riffs are rather boring, even though most of them are synched with the drums in a way making them good anyway. bleed is an extremely simple song note wise, maybe thats even the song u showed a tab for, still it kicks ass.

^I didnt give any specific argument, only an example. Did I say that it sucks because it has a very few notes?

I was kinda emphasizing downtuning but nevermind. Its OK for me if people go die for Meshuggah, what do I care..

^I didnt give any specific argument, only an example. Did I say that it sucks because it has a very few notes?

I was kinda emphasizing downtuning but nevermind. Its OK for me if people go die for Meshuggah, what do I care..

then what did you mean? with the smiley alone id taken it for sarcasm but since u provided tabs I lost you.

Meshuggah is badass actually. The vocals, while nothing special, fit perfectly with the machine-like precision of the band. I don't really know what a more EXTREME vocal style would be, but yelling endlessy over fucked up riffs is probably pretty challenging and a hell of a lot better than the inward yelling and "growling" that most metalcore bands use. just my view, w/e...yes I'm a bit of a Meshuggah fanboy.

then what did you mean? with the smiley alone id taken it for sarcasm but since u provided tabs I lost you.

My post had nine strings and many more in between so I guess that's obvious. Also I think Meshuggah sucks about their guitar work, and it is a combination their usage of few notes, downtuning, only rythming etc

I just cant understand how did you derive that "few notes = bullshit" from my original post.

My post had nine strings and many more in between so I guess that's obvious. Also I think Meshuggah sucks about their guitar work, and it is a combination their usage of few notes, downtuning, only rythming etc

I just cant understand how did you derive that "few notes = bullshit" from my original post.

what about fredrik's lead playing?

^Thats a different story.. I gotta admit that he is quite cool, but you know all the noise throughout the songs dont make it worthy in my eyes to listen to them. Only Fredrick's lead and Haake's drumming (which is also tiring to listen to after some time) is not what I am thinking of an ideal band.

I am quite fed up with brutal vocals too, listening to Bob Dylan and some Kurdish music (no wonder I dont like Meshuggah :))

This:
is bullshit. listen to all their stuff and then think about it and judge again... you have to get "into" them. :lol:
On older albums Kidman´s voice has a slight Hetfield touch ... for those who dig metalica and are looking for something crazier (musically)
Furthermore listening to/reading/studying the lyrics is recommended.

If ´shuggah in public then Choirs of Devastation...