PLEASE help me finalize this mix (Metalcore/ Tech metal)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys. I just did the final reamps for this mix today and am hopefully going to wrap up the mix mid week. There's a few things niggling at me, but I also thing it's been too long and I'm kind of losing my sense of it all.

So by all means, tear it apart if need be, I'd love some opinions and helpful critique :)

UPDATED MIX: http://db.tt/dlRj5e5s

Thanks guys,
Chris

Anything guys?? My own thoughts lay in that the low mid area isn't punchy enough during the chug bits, I just can't pinpoint where/ how to fix it thOugh :S

Cheers mate! Much appreciated. If there aren't any more comments soon, I'll probably post up the mix with my final touches etc and give it a wrap! Pretty happy with the overall vibe of this one, it's been fun to do!

I'm listening on laptop, but overall sounds cool to me! I sprecially like the guitar tone!

Cheers for the feedback guys. I only mixed this so my knowledge of the gear is limited. Guitars were ESP LTD V with EMG 81. I reamped them through Maxon od9 -> 6505+ -> mesa 4x12 and SM57. Just some C6 and EQ on them.
Bass, honestly I have no idea what it was but getting it this far is nothing short of a miracle. The playing was great but the raw tone was very bad. LOTS of work there.

Comp EQ and more cOmp and EQ on the low. Throug TSE BOD.
Then the grit track was BoD through the Cubase amplifier plugin, then some EQ.
Drums were given to me as midi and Addictive drums overheads.
The kick is 2 slates and one personal sample, the snare is 2 samples. Slate for 1 and a natural snare of mine.
Toms are literally just slate Metal toms.

And thats about it :) some GSSL outboard on the master buss and that's it!

awesome thanks for the info. much appreciated.

on second listen i think the guitar solo at the end could be turned up a touch. everything else is perfect

excellent work man. Is this a local band?

Cheers dude. The solos/ aux guitars still need work! Just wanted the main mix downpat before really mucking around with those more, personal preference styled bits!

And yeah local, I've known the guys for a while, but they've changed some members recently, the new shit kicks arse!

OH! And seeing as you're in Brisbane, come say hi, my band Orpheus is playing at Ye Gods Of Metal in March :)

ah of course. too easy.

Yea im really liking them. ill def pick up the release when it drops.

Oh fuck yes! will do for sure. where is it? We should have a Sneap Forum meet up when your up here, have a few beers and a chat with aussie sneapsters.

Sweet! Sounds good dude. March 31st, at the Logan entertainment theater or something??? I would't know where that is, never been to Brissie! A Sneap forum meet up would rock :)

sickness! i see that lynchmada are playing too, tight!

I might make a thread in the main forum about an aussie/brisbane sneap meet up. if we get a few together itd be great!