Please recommend me a new 22-inch screen.

Airborne

6 & 7 string guitars
Jul 2, 2009
Europe
My old screen is now completely fucked up.
I need a new replacement 22-inch screen to work with my MacBook.

Any suggestions guys?
I don’t have the time to try the screens in the store. I want to buy one online (asap).

Unless you're using it for something that actually needs good visuals, just get the cheapest thing you can find. There are only around 4 LCD panel makers anyway - you can get exactly the same LCD panel in monitors less than half the price of a Samsung. I've got a 24" screen with an IPS panel in it that costs £500 in an LG/Samsung monitor but cost me £200 because it doesn't have the brand.

Steve

Yeah - unless you're into video or photography where you need to calibrate your monitor, go cheap (I've had great luck with Dell TN panels for the price). If you need accurate color, you need an S-IPS or H-IPS panel, which is more costly (NEC, Apple, and the higher end Dell's are good for this purpose).

Bobby

Why not a 24"?

Bought an used 24" LG 1920x1200 to use with my MacBook, works great and even looks good, considering the panel it has. 160€.

The guy I bought it from actually delivered it and installed it, and he even wore a pair of gloves the whole time as not to leave any fingerprints on the product I had just purchased from him. Excellent!

Thanks for the info everyone. :kickass:

I think a 22" screen works pretty well for me. But I don't mind getting a bigger one.

I have an AOC 24" and it works great for me - it was cheap and it has a good picture. All I was looking for.