please remaster tonight's decision

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Did tonight's decision ever get a proper mix? it doesn't sound like that at all on the cd. The guitars are sometimes way low in the mix and just overall the mix is very low. for example for my demons in the intro builds but when it gets into the rhythm which should be louder almost like an explosion the mix seems to get lower. just a suggestion but i'd definitely go out and buy a remastered version.

thanks

Yeah it would be cool to get a remastered version. The guitars do tend to sound low in the mix sometimes. I'd like to hear from the masters themselves on this one. HIP HIP!

I think it'd be totally tits if they rerecorded the whole thing with Daniel on drums. I love Swano, but shit, Danny is just an awesome drummer.

Also, anyone else notice that Tonight's Decision tracks sound awesome live?

i don't think any of the older albums should be touched. They remastered Brave Murder Day, because it was really lacking mastering, but the others are good as they are. Yeah the recording technology has really improved and they can make all their albums sound as good as TGCD with a little mastering and mixing. but the albums would lose their magic i guess

Its not like remastering it would change the originals as they are... I think a remastered version of both TD and DO would be very interesting.

Why fix something that isn't broken? Sure everything can be improved, but in this case I wouldn't bother.

So I've got to agree with m0rtis here, BMD was mastered because it never got mastered, but the other albums sound good just the way they are now.

TD barely sounds mastered at all. I would say that's grounds enough to remaster it.

I like the way it is. It gives it a more mellow, hallow feeling to the atmosphere of the album. I say remastering and remixing are only for albums that really need it. But....my only problem with that album, and Last Fair Deal....is the vocals are way too loud.

I like the way it is. It gives it a more mellow, hallow feeling to the atmosphere of the album. I say remastering and remixing are only for albums that really need it. But....my only problem with that album, and Last Fair Deal....is the vocals are way too loud.

WRONG! LFDGD is the most perfect album ever.

i don't think any of the older albums should be touched. They remastered Brave Murder Day, because it was really lacking mastering, but the others are good as they are. Yeah the recording technology has really improved and they can make all their albums sound as good as TGCD with a little mastering and mixing. but the albums would lose their magic i guess

Agreed.

I think it'd be totally tits if they rerecorded the whole thing with Daniel on drums. I love Swano, but shit, Danny is just an awesome drummer.

Also, anyone else notice that Tonight's Decision tracks sound awesome live?

As much as he is a stand out drummer to me, common you can't do that;

I have as yet not heard BMD remastered but intend to get my hands on it; but it is logical to remaster that - Listen to a contemporary cd followed by that one, and the volume is miles less and it's production is lacking;
TD kinda holds its place more though up against recent releases, sure it sounds like it was recorded in the 90's with a lesser budget but dosn't demand to be updated; and i tend to agree it works well for it's sound.