Please tell me this forum won't also make me want to leave the planet.

Lets denonce the GOLDEN AGE of true metal at its highest epoch, ohh yeahh b0ss that will show them!! Now we get the linkin park and disneytallica instead.
Oh no certainly not, good Danny, why we have to exclude all real and epic forms of metal here. Why no, lets all be cringy edgelords instead LOL!!
I'm just messing with you, but IMO All real and epic forms of Metal back in the 70's and 80's to me is Ozzy with Randy Rhoads, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Scorpions, old Van Halen, old Metallica, Dio, NO LINCOLN PARK. Old Ratt, old Motley Crue, AC/DC and some more but to me stuff like Poison, Striper, Slayer,Warrant kind of band's weren't near as hard they were in a different category, like Pop Metal. I'm a Bassist so I leaned more towards the harder more difficult stuff to jam. Plus I never got into the guys wearing girls clothes, makeup and hairspray. That music is definitely GLAM, in the 80's there was Heavy Metal and there was Glam and most everyone in California I knew liked Heavy Metal not Glam Metal, but that's the cool part of it, everyone has different taste. Now look at nowadays music, I mean how many different categories of Metal is there now, Nu Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, Hard Core Metal. Some of that Metal where the singer grunts instead of sings I can't handle listening to that for long. I like music that sounds good to my ear's, I love stuff like the Eagles, REO Speedwagon,Boston,Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Tom Petty, Alice n Chains, G&R, RHCP's, KoRn - really fun to funk clang on the Bass in A tuning. Overkill's Bassist DD Verni has the meanest sounding Bass, Rush, Mudvayne, Paul McCartney and Wings, Lynard Skynard, a bunch of 70's and 80's Bands that's when some of the best music was ever made.:)

Last edited: