Please vote for your favourite FOUR "Woods 2" songs here! Now! Important!!!

Vote for your favourite FOUR songs from "Woods 2"!

• Total voters

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Folks,

Should we be considering a "WOODS OF YPRES - Best of 2002-2007" of sorts, please let me know which four songs from "Woods 2: Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth" you think we should include.

btw - "'Best of' albums are for housewives and little girls". :cool:

DG - \w/

EDIT - By mistake, I added "Summer's Envy" twice in the poll, at both the 6th and 8th track position. It belongs at #8 where "Shedding the Deadwood" should be at #6. That tracklisting error on the first 1000 copy run of CDs still haunts me, apparently. :) So treat #6 "Summer's Envy" as "Shedding the Deadwood", please.

Aeonblade - Aw, schucks! I goofed!

EDIT - By mistake, I added "Summer's Envy" twice in the poll, at both the 6th and 8th track position. It belongs at #8 where "Shedding the Deadwood" should be at #6. That tracklisting error on the back cover of the first 1000 copy run of CDs still haunts me, apparently. :) So treat #6 "Summer's Envy" as "Shedding the Deadwood", please. I serve the curve but I don't think I can edit the pole.

"The Will to Give" will go in. "Allure of the Earth" should go in. I'd like to include "Dragged Across a Forest Floor". If either part of "The Sun was in My Eyes" goes in, so must its brother. That combination which already excludes the pre-Will to Give track "Looming of Dust in the Dark..." would narrow it down to five. I need four. I agree that W2 really is an album, and not a collection of individual, easy seperable songs. With that in mind, I'm looking to choose the four best songs that can stand alone in a context such as this: 'A Best Of..." CD. It won't tell the whole story, just a few of the better, self-contained chapters.

:kickass:

Totally Dragged Across A Forest Floor, to me that song best represents the album as a whole. Maybe cause its longer, but I think just the lyrics, and where its placed on the album, it just sums everything up and touches on everything overall.

The Will To Give (The lyrics mean a lot to me actually)
The Sun Was In My Eyes: Part Doom
Allure Of The Earth
Shedding The Deadwood (there's a certain set of lines in that song that I really enjoy)