Plug-in automation control in pt8?

Dalinkwent48@aim.com

Be Creative, Get Laid
Apr 7, 2009
Jersey
I cant figure this out no matter what I do. I have 2 controllers. The presonus faderport, and I have a korg NanoKontrol. I can't seem to get either of them to be able to control any form of automation in pro tools on my mac. I've read that the faderport won't be able to do it. But I found a file online that would allow the Kontrol to be able to control it. Only thing is when i put the file into the editor it does nothing. Plus the file I found is a few years old, so I dont know if thats part of the problem.

If anyone has either of these units and is able to automate with them can you shed some light on this for me? I'm able to control basic mix functions (fader adjustment, mute, solo, pan etc.) but that's as far as I can get it. I don't need both of them, i'll be perfectly content getting just 1 of them working.

-Mike

have you enabled the automation paramenters on the plug in itself?

(think you can default all to on btw)

Ive enabled the parameters that i needed, and ive also tried enabling all of them just for the hell of it, neither worked.

Now im redoing the drivers on it from the DUC link but my mac isnt even recognizing the faderport. Will report back in a little, im gonna restart the computer and see if thats what it needs.