Controllers?

MatrixClaw

May 22, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I'm debating getting some kind of controller to make my mixing more hands on, because I find using a mouse and keyboard quite tedious on some applications. My main options right now are:

Presonus FaderPort
Behringer BCF2000
Mackie Control Universal

I don't think I will necessarily NEED all the channels of the Behringer and Mackie, but the extra flexibility would be nice if I did need it. I've really only used analog mixing boards for live sound though, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually use on the DAW control. I'm mainly looking at one to control multiple plugin parameters at once and be able to hear results in real time with a knob, rather than using a mouse.

I'll be using it mostly with Reaper, Studio One 2 and Cubase 6, but I also own Pro Tools 9, and functionality on that would be nice too, but I rarely use it, so not a necessity. I'm using Windows 7, if that matters.

What would you guys suggest?

I'm still kinda holding my hopes for this one: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/702882-behringer-coming-up-new-daw-controller.html

Seriously, there isn't anything in the market for me. The MC/Artist Series are cool but IMHO very overpriced, the single-fader units lack what makes a controller so useful in the first place (tweaking multiple faders at a time), the BCF2000 has no displays and so on.

Man, that'd be epic! Maybe I'll hold out for this one. I don't NEED a controller now, but it sure would be nice. But I'm quickly finding that the ones that have the features I like and think I'd use most, are also lacking in features that I'd need.