anyone here use the Tascam US-2400??

colonel kurtz

Sep 7, 2006
i've been looking into getting a control surface of some sort for a while now, and ran across one of these for damned cheap...i'm technically broke at the moment, but for the amount of $$ it's available for, i could probably get away with calling my credit card company and upping my limit or something.

anyways - if anyone here has used one of these, what's your opinion of it? i don't need it to do a lot...i mostly just want to be able to control panning and fader levels, especially to write automation curves...and of course the transport controls, but that more or less goes w/o saying.

i've been looking into getting a control surface of some sort for a while now, and ran across one of these for damned cheap...i'm technically broke at the moment, but for the amount of $$ it's available for, i could probably get away with calling my credit card company and upping my limit or something.

anyways - if anyone here has used one of these, what's your opinion of it? i don't need it to do a lot...i mostly just want to be able to control panning and fader levels, especially to write automation curves...and of course the transport controls, but that more or less goes w/o saying.

i have one and it works as it should with both protools and dp. i would say that for what you want it for as long as your daw supports mackie control or hui and your computer doesnt bog down easy, go for it. i have heard of some people having problems with them but i have not and ive been using mine daily for a year and a half. tascam discontinued support on it so there will be no future updates just in case you didnt know. good luck.

As mentioned, it will work out just great for the needs you've listed. I really enjoy mine; the only real downside is the lack of a scribble strip to look down at to quickly see which tracks are which. I would love to have a Control|24, but for $4000 I would rather do something for my studio that will affect the actual sound of my mixes instead of just allow me better control of Pro Tools!

i wouldn't really miss the scribble strip...i'm one of those anal fucks who always puts their tracks in pretty much the same order

DAMN THE MAN

it's fucking gone...i knew that at $375 the thing wouldn't last

guitar center was about to be good for something, for once...but NO

i guess i'll just find 2 of the behringer BCF's somewhere, and daisy-chain them