PM AWARDS 2004 RESULTS

The only thing I feel compelled to comment on is Blind Guardian: Imaginations Through the Looking Glass being recognized in the live dvd section. That was the WORST sound I've ever heard on a DVD. It sounds like they left a mic in the crowd somewhere and called it a day. Plus their stage presence is horrid. I enjoyed watching their singer make awkward faces and be fat, and the guitarists stare at their fingers while playing REALLY simple, dull passages badly. BLAH, what a piece!

Well, now I see what DragonForce - Sonic Firestorm wasn't up there.. nobody knows what a guilty pleasure is....

SyXified said:
The only thing I feel compelled to comment on is Blind Guardian: Imaginations Through the Looking Glass being recognized in the live dvd section. That was the WORST sound I've ever heard on a DVD. It sounds like they left a mic in the crowd somewhere and called it a day. Plus their stage presence is horrid. I enjoyed watching their singer make awkward faces and be fat, and the guitarists stare at their fingers while playing REALLY simple, dull passages badly. BLAH, what a piece!

Actually I think their DVD is the most well-produced concert DVD I've ever seen. Its true Blind Guardian aren't that exciting to watch live, but thats not really what they are about. Hey, Dream Theater doesn't move around on stage any more than BG does :p.

Someone needs a better sound system. Sounds more than adequate on my end.

the RAGE DVD is sick as hell. Thanks Matt for getting me addicted to a band I'll most likely never be able to see live, and shut the fuck up, I know you saw them LIVE, met them, and saw them at the same venue the DVD was shot.

And no, Matt, this DOESNT belong in the musicians corner.

That is all.