[POATP] Rec Some True Norweigan Black Metal

Pyro Stick

Feb 25, 2008
Scotland
Im looking for some recommendations for the True Norweigan Black Metal part of my playlist of a thousand pwns. Songs from bands like Immortal, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Ildjarn, Ulver, Darkthrone, early Satyricon etc.

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
Hades - Alone Walkying
Helheim - Av Norrøn Ætt
Darkthrone - Kathaarian Life Code
Forgotten Woods - Den Ansiktsløse
Strid - Det Hviskes Blant Sorte Vinder
Enslaved - 793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne)
Burzum - Dunkelheit

Emperor seconded, easily the best of that 2nd wave group imo. Something off Ulver's debut should be on there I think. For Burzum I would go off Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, and for Darkthrone stick to their first 2 BM albums.

Gorgoroth - Crushing the Scepter
Aeternus - Black Dust
Enslaved - Balfor/Andi Fara/Epilog
Emperor - Night of the Graveless Souls
Darkthrone - En as I Dype Skogen
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Mayhem - Buried By Time and Dust
Ildjarn - Nattens Ledestjerne
Ancient - Trumps of an Archangel
Dodheimsgard - Midnattenskogens Sorte Kjerne
Mock - Call the Eternal Winter
Zyklon-B - Warfare

I don't know if you purposely left off Emperor, but if you didn't definitely get some In the Nightside Eclipse.

I thought Emperor were more of a Symphonic Black Metal band. I havent forgotten about them, im just posting them under SBM and not TNBM. But i guess some of their earliest stuff (pre Nightside) can be considered TNBM so they might still get on the TNBM part of the list.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far. I should have enough now to post a good list of 10.

My opinion on Satyricon - I think their first two albums are their best so all the songs on the POATP will probably be from those two albums with the rare exception of one or two songs from other albums.

edit: I didnt forget about Emperor but i did forget Dark Funeral. They are another band that i havent listened to much so i would appreciate any recommendations of theirs, if they have any awesome songs to be recommended.

yeah, how bout this for a trve emperor song. may not be as grim, or kvlt as old burzum, abitns era darkthrone, etc. but hella trve

~gR~

Last edited by a moderator: