Mayhem
Naglfar
Samael
Satyricon
Ulver
Windir
Xasthur

Thanks!

Keep of Kalessin (I'm just getting into these guys, and they're fucking awesome)
Dimmu Borgir (a lot of black metal fans don't like them, but I think they rock)
Borknagar

me not a big fan of Enslaved... on another note I just got the Arcturus album Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel album... so far its good and is accessible imo... other ones you might want to check is Sargeist and 1349...

I have no idea what the guy is looking for, since no one here really listens to that many BM bands that I would consider "inaccessible" for anyone who has already delved into black metal to some degree.

So on that note, I recommend Leviathan, since everything since Verrater is pretty much great.

I don't take 'tolerable' and 'accessible' to be interchangeable.

Intolerability in black metal is akin to how challenging, difficult and raw it is. None of those things increase perceived accessibility.

But I suppose the word is not a good one to use here.

Intolerability in black metal is akin to how challenging, difficult and raw it is. None of those things increase perceived accessibility.

But I suppose the word is not a good one to use here.

indeed, but to say there are less tolerable things than x is not to say x is tolerable, when there are, as with the facets you note, bands more tolerable still.

hell, you put Immortalesque BM into Carpathian Forest album production, and you're already a little more accessible to some people, or instead of 14 minute long Moonsorrow songs, 6 minute Manegarm songs, to a different person that is more accessible.

if you're already at the point where you can get raw-produced foreign-language blast-beat long-song black-metal perfectly in stride, I think you're beyond concerns of accessibility, like a doctor or lawyer giving a shit about an IQ test...such things seem rather obsolete when the person is unable to recognize what is inaccessible to the uninitiated as inaccessible.

Later era Immortal albums like At the Heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness are certainly accessible. Their eariler albums like Pure Holocaust certainly isn't, in fact I would rate them to be among the most challenging black metal to enjoy.

Im looking for some relatively accessible bm bands aside from the following:

Belphegor
Burzum
Deathspell Omega
Dissection
Emperor
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Limbonic Art
Marduk
Mayhem
Naglfar
Samael
Satyricon
Ulver
Windir
Xasthur

Thanks!

...and ocean
bal-sagoth
gehenna (nor)
impaled nazarene
mactätus
between the forest
covenant
the abyss
allegiance

more???

Later era Immortal albums like At the Heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness are certainly accessible. Their eariler albums like Pure Holocaust certainly isn't, in fact I would rate them to be among the most challenging black metal to enjoy.

no kidding?
I might just check those out then.
Pure Holocaust (or maybe Battles in the North) is the one I was recommended, way back when, and I wasn't impressed by it (wasn't ready for it?).
cheers

I would recommend Wyrd and Vinterland, that's rather accessible (enough for me cause I'm not really into black metal).