Pod Hd 500 worth it?

Feb 7, 2011
Im thinking of investing in an hd 500 and Im just wondering if anyone has one and has good or bad comments about it. Im looking to play pretty heavy stuff that requires a pretty tight and gainy tone, what do you think should i get it?

If your budget is tight then sure you will get a long way with the HD500. The stock impulses are ass, but at least on the 500 you can fully bypass the impulse section so you can use your own in a DAW.

So were assuming that will sound a lot better than podfarm orrrrr?!

I was going to ask the same thing, because I just need something I can play through headphones that doesn't sound like total crap. Can't use an amp at home - even at VERY low volume my neighbours start pounding on my door (they have a little baby, so I quess it's okay?). I borrowed an VOX AD50VT but I just HATE the sound through headphones.

Im looking to play pretty heavy stuff that requires a pretty tight and gainy tone

The Uber model on the HD500 is pretty badass...I don't use the cabs though, I run it into the power section of a Herbert into a Mesa Cab (500 output set to Power Amp Stack). I pretty much cloned my clean and crunch stage settings with the Twin and Park models, the Uber I like more than the Diezel Ch3, it's much less compressed with a fast attack. They react exactly like real tube amps imo, feedback the same harmonically etc...although roll the volume off and they're dead quiet like you have a Gate on.

Never used the headphones either sorry. Btw I read the latest Line 6 update broke the Uber model, so I'm still on the firmware it came with, 1.01 or something.

I was going to ask the same thing, because I just need something I can play through headphones that doesn't sound like total crap. Can't use an amp at home - even at VERY low volume my neighbours start pounding on my door (they have a little baby, so I quess it's okay?). I borrowed an VOX AD50VT but I just HATE the sound through headphones.

I think even the older pods (XT and X3) sound pretty decent with headphones for practicing and demo recording. That's what I've been using for years.

Would I be better of getting HD500 od Blackstar HT-20?
I would use it mostly for practice and recording at home at fairly low volume.
I used all the nice sounding sims, and while I got really good sounds, nothing made me play the guitar so much as did Roland Cube 80X i got recently.
While Roland is nowhere near usable recording sound, it`s still so much fun to play (unlike software stuff). It just feels better. How is HD500 in that respect?
So since I`m selling it to add more cash, what would be a better solution?

Would I be better of getting HD500 od Blackstar HT-20?
I would use it mostly for practice and recording at home at fairly low volume.
I used all the nice sounding sims, and while I got really good sounds, nothing made me play the guitar so much as did Roland Cube 80X i got recently.
While Roland is nowhere near usable recording sound, it`s still so much fun to play (unlike software stuff). It just feels better. How is HD500 in that respect?
So since I`m selling it to add more cash, what would be a better solution?

Have you tried the "recording out" on your Cube plugged into your interface, I've started doing this and the r-fier model sounds way better and more realistic than any sim I've used. Try it out

Have you tried the "recording out" on your Cube plugged into your interface, I've started doing this and the r-fier model sounds way better and more realistic than any sim I've used. Try it out

I did, and it does sound better than when I record with a mic and even better than I hear it in the room, although I would have preferred if there was a way to disable the cab emulation, cause it would probably be very good with impulses.