Podcasts

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Anyone into podcasts? What do you listen to?

Despite being an iTunes user for several years now, I've only just started listening to podcasts. I tried doing the streaming radio thing but I listen while at work so I need to pause a lot.

The one I've been listening to is called MetalCast. I've been slowly going through the old shows and they play a nice mix of genres. I really like that there's no bullshit talk in between songs. They play music and announce what they play with a little fact here and there or information on who's touring. Occasional interviews, too. Plus they do themed shows so if I'm in the mood for something like thrash, I can listen to that show. Yesterday I listened to a show where all the bands featured were influenced by the works of Tolkien. They even mentioned PP USA on the first progressive show from last year.

Another one I tried listening to was Metalscape but that has all the annoying talking with two very ill-informed hosts. They were discussing the Stratovarius drama but had the facts completely wrong. Basically there's a lot of swearing, some stupid discussions I don't care about, and a song played every 20 minutes (the shows are 2-3 hr long each). After finding MetalCast, I unsubscribed from this one since I was skipping 75% of the show.

Any shows to recommend? I'm mostly looking for shows that will play a little bit of everything and don't try to be a Howard Stern show between songs. Doesn't even necessarily have to be metal though I'm only looking for music shows as I'm not a big talkshow listener. I'll probably get through the entire backlog of shows from MetalCast by the end of next week so......

I don't listen to them much anymore but I used to all the time

The best one is The Bloody Shore - Deadtide.com........but they haven't made a new one since March :(

Metal Injection is Good

4Q radio is also good

I listen to:

Dead Science (deals with everything death- from EVP's to Recordings of the Jones Town Murders)
Distorted View
French for Beginners (I want to re-learn to speak fluently)
Latium (Latin speaking pod cast so I can learn latin as well)
Pseudo Pod (Horror Podcast)
Talking Metal (Not my favorite, but oK)
UVTV- Metal:Underground etc.

I've been looking for more myself, but no one ever seems to have good suggetions.

Sound Opinions (not much Metal tho)
Music Heads (local MN Indie station's podcast..no Metal)
Scifi Scoundrels (been MIA for like 9mos sadly)
A Good Day for Airplay (no Metal, but great Indie and PowerPop stuff)
Epileptic Gibbon's show (obscure, avant garde, and indie stuff mostly..a lot of obscure prog too)
Talking Metal (every so often they have a guest or topic I dig)
Psych Fans Podcast (my own with a friend talking about our favorite show on tv)