Polished? Does this metalcore track sound professional to you?

jsaudio

Dec 30, 2010
Not bad at all man!

I'm not a fan of the drums (especially the snare). Not enough dirty and 'in ya face' for me (too thin?), maybe parallel compression and tape sim here & there could help but that's just about taste. Good mix though :)

Rich what are the weak points of the mix do you think? and what could be done?

Ill agree with rich:
-Guitars are way over-gained and little out of tune sounding at spots
-Also it sounds like theres little clicks/pops in the begging somewhere
-Guitars are to loud
-kick disappears in denser parts of the song
-Snare is a little dull to me, maybe try some transient designer, also try low-passing it a bit way up top.
loads more but these are things that stuck out to me.

not a bad start dude, i hear some weird clicks and pops too in the beginning but at least there's some fucking vocals!! =D

editing could be tighter, that'd really polish it up.

give the cymbals more room and let them breathe more bro....

kick needs more splatty type compression.....

snr and toms too dry.

cln vox too low. give them front to back depth.

Alright i really appreciate the feedback

1. Edits how do you suggest editing parts to be more tight? I try to match up all the chugs and stuff with kick hits the best i can but does it still sound not edited?

2. Guitars being too loud is what i have gotten from several sources so i will work on this but it seems like if i take guitars down the mix sounds kind of empty to me

3. Snare everyone seems to hate this snare i have lol but its the only sample i have that i think sounds good hahaha so i'm not really to sure what to do there i'll try a high pass really high Anybody know a snare i could prob get free that they think would fit better?

Thanks so much guys i really appreciate honest feedback on this

just imagine what colin richardson would do and you're set. look around for the D4 SNR samples... they're one shots but blended with a more dynamic snare they sound great.... the snr's he used to use a lot are 'rim center' anddddddddddddddd, i can't remember the name of the other, haha......

chugs are okay but i'd like at some of the other chordal stuff. make sure it's beginning/ending correctly...

gtrs are too loud. turn them down.... the remedy to the mix soundng empty after doing so is to EQ the bass to fill in those frequencies... this will give the mix a much bigger spread....