Votes: 6 37.5%
  • dude, no...

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

metallica144

Lammendam
Apr 13, 2010
Holland
i would like to hear a slower song by evile on the next album, and you?
i was listening to Fade to Black, and i was wondering how an Evile ballad would sound. in the ''cemetery gates making of'' you can hear that Matt has a great voice to do such a song.

is there anyone with me?

Writing ballads is much harder than some people mak it out to be. I can't imagine Evile doing one quite frankly, UNLESS it was completely instrumental. In which case I'd let it slide.

Or One? Although does One really count?

I'm all for Evile doing whatever the fuck they want to do, if that means a ballad, so be it. Dave is right though, ballads are hard to pull off. Evile have the skill to write a ballad, but I guess it would really depend on what the rest of the album sounded like. If they sort of keep the sound they had on Infected, I don't see a ballad working.

And it'd need to fit in th sequence of the album, which is even harder for a band like Evile.

Testament can pull them off no problem, as can Annihilator. But most other bands coldn't write a ballad for shit - not saying Evile don't have it in them, not at all. I just wouldn't want to hear it.

Thrash ballads can either go really well or really, really badly. They can either be like Fade To Black or instead like Funeral Pyre by Atomkraft. But knowing Evile, I reckon it would be more like Fade To Black, ie ruddy good.

It would be interesting to hear Evile write some emotional songs, like Cemetery Gates, maybe in dedication to Mike.

But in the end, it's up to them to write what they want.

Or One? Although does One really count?

I'm all for Evile doing whatever the fuck they want to do, if that means a ballad, so be it. Dave is right though, ballads are hard to pull off. Evile have the skill to write a ballad, but I guess it would really depend on what the rest of the album sounded like. If they sort of keep the sound they had on Infected, I don't see a ballad working.

This.

if it's what the album calls for, I'm all for it. I think it'd be cool if it was pulled off but I don't care if there isn't one

As much as I love ballads, they are totally out of context if the rest of the album aren't more melodic. But I would love to hear a more melodic, slow, but still heavy song like In my darkest hour, or maybe like never, neverland

As much as I love ballads, they are totally out of context if the rest of the album aren't more melodic. But I would love to hear a more melodic, slow, but still heavy song like In my darkest hour, or maybe like never, neverland

worked perfect in practice what you preach.

Doesn't need to necessarily be a whole new tone, it just needs to be in place in the progression of the album

But theyve already slowed down. IN is a slower than ETG. I dont really like ballads, I mean I do but I dont think Evile is one of those bands. They do use clean guitars though, to start songs and recently in the middle of one. That is nice and slow, I like that. But a whole song written around a clean part.....now that is something else entirely.