• Virtual XI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm a douchebag who doesn't like Iron Maiden.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

dan weapon

Planet Smasher
Nov 14, 2005
Aberdeen
www.myspace.com
Ok, I'm just spinning my favourite Maiden album, Somewhere In Time... what is yours? (surely everyone was into them at some point!)

You can vote for up to 3, in case you really can't choose between them.

PIECE OF MIND!!! This was the first metal album I ever heard way back in 1985, loved it ever since. I am starting to appreciate some songs off Somewhere and Seventh now that I can get over the synth side of things just, 20+ years after first hearing them. :lol: Looking forward to their next release. I loved the SBIT time tour concert (first time seing them live) and the new Blu Ray disc Flight 666. Awesome. I will STFU now. :lol:

"Piece of Mind" for me. I'll always have a fondness for Nicko's first disc, what with that powerful opening to "Where Eagles Dare" - one that let the world know that Nicko was going to be a force on drums in the metal landscape. Throughout the disc he shows what can be done with a great right foot and a single bass drum.

"The Trooper", "Flight of Icarus", and "Revelations" along with all the rest make up, for me the most memorable Maiden album ever; all closed out with the epic "To Tame a Land" which author Frank Herbert denied them the use of the "Dune" name for - heavy metal hating bastard :headbang:

It is also the first time that I saw Maiden as a headliner on August 26, 1983 on the N. American leg of the World Piece tour at the New Haven Coliseum in CT. Great show from the best live band ever.