• Virtual XI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm a douchebag who doesn't like Iron Maiden.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Live After Death. For years it was the only Maiden album I owned*, so now most of the songs' original studio versions sound weird and slow to me.

* [My best friends already had all their other albums, so I didn't feel the need to triple up.]

Somewhere in Time, is my all time favorite album, not just maiden but all music, and from all the maiden albums, somewhere in time has the better composition, check "Sea of Madness" or "Stranger in a Strange Land", those have really nice and not so common arrangements for Maiden songs. also the 80`s futurism vibe just kick ass!!.

One thing I find interesting is that so many music publications and websites and like VH1 countdowns and stuff seem to think of "Number of the Beast" as their biggest/best, but I've never really found it overly spectacular, and I see I'm not the only one (I voted for Seventh Son) - the same with "British Steel", it just goes to show that these stupid fuckers are only concerned with what had the biggest singles ("Run to the Hills" and the title track on "Number of the Beast", "Breakin' the Law" and "Living After Midnight" on British Steel), rather than overall album quality :rolleyes:

Somewhere in Time, is my all time favorite album, not just maiden but all music, and from all the maiden albums, somewhere in time has the better composition, check "Sea of Madness" or "Stranger in a Strange Land", those have really nice and not so common arrangements for Maiden songs. also the 80`s futurism vibe just kick ass!!.

Yeah man, Sea of Madness is almost thrash. :heh:
Well the closest Maiden gets to thrash metal.

One thing I find interesting is that so many music publications and websites and like VH1 countdowns and stuff seem to think of "Number of the Beast" as their biggest/best, but I've never really found it overly spectacular, and I see I'm not the only one (I voted for Seventh Son) - the same with "British Steel", it just goes to show that these stupid fuckers are only concerned with what had the biggest singles ("Run to the Hills" and the title track on "Number of the Beast", "Breakin' the Law" and "Living After Midnight" on British Steel), rather than overall album quality :rolleyes:

Totally, there's some awesome songs on NOTB (HBTN, RTTH, COTD, NOTB) but there's a fair amount of filler there too (the same goes for quite a few Maiden albums imo)

Piece of Mind! It's actually been the first disc in my CD player for about a year (since I moved) and I listen to it every day while I work out.

Seventh Son is my tops, from start to finish its a metal masterpiece. Don't get me wrong, almost every maiden album is excellent has has its bright moments but to me Seventh is a complete album. IMO its Maidens pinnacle

Haha I thought I might actually have been surprised but nope, I'm still the only one who's voted for NPftD. After that it'd probably be Killers or Piece of Mind though. Least favourite would probably be Fear of the Dark.