• Virtual XI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'm a douchebag who doesn't like Iron Maiden.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
The interim balance reflected my opinion nearly perfectly. You guys have a good taste!

Seventh Son... 28.57%
Somewhere In Time 26.98%
Powerslave 26.98%

Wow..we have 3 "loosers" so far. The two Baileys and the "Dance of Death". No surprise.

...but at least on each Maiden Album is one diamond imo! (Man on the edge, Clansman, Paschendale) Still loving it!

Powerslave. This is the era when Iron Maiden ruled the universe--with an epic tour that spawned an epic live album--before Metallica, Slayer, and the rest of the thrash heads came into their glory and changed the landscape of metal forever.

One thing I find interesting is that so many music publications and websites and like VH1 countdowns and stuff seem to think of "Number of the Beast" as their biggest/best, but I've never really found it overly spectacular, and I see I'm not the only one (I voted for Seventh Son) - the same with "British Steel", it just goes to show that these stupid fuckers are only concerned with what had the biggest singles ("Run to the Hills" and the title track on "Number of the Beast", "Breakin' the Law" and "Living After Midnight" on British Steel), rather than overall album quality :rolleyes:

Thats because you havent had time to think, to get the memories from your mind :loco:

But yeh, everybody knows that NOTB has a single dreadful filler tune, and its name is... GANGLAND! Most of the band wish they had put total eclipse on instead deep down.

Yep, on his solo albums he sounds so beefy and aggressive, something that was lacking for him in Maiden.

Agree wholeheartedly, perhaps it was just the pressure of replacing Bruce that got to him - but solo he is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because you havent had time to think, to get the memories from your mind :loco:

But yeh, everybody knows that NOTB has a single dreadful filler tune, and its name is... GANGLAND! Most of the band wish they had put total eclipse on instead deep down.

I like Gangland, as all of the songs on that album, never thought it was a filler tune.:)

Somewhere In Time here also. Seventh son and Powerslave are my favorites too. And Killers and Piece of Mind and and....

I listened No Prayer For The Dying today. Some great songs in that album too (Fates Warning for example). But wtf is that shout in the beginning of 'public enemy number one' :lol:

Piece of Mind for me too... The Trooper...'nuff said.

Beast has a special spot in my heart too as it was the 2nd album I ever bought back in 1983 (a close 2nd behind Billy Idol :headbang:). I remember washing the neighbours cars each Saturday morning for the $$$ to go to the local record to spend my cash on a Saturday afternoon. Good times.

Piece of Mind is due another spin....right after Deep Purple's Burn. Glenn Hughes had his nuts in a vice!