Votes: 23 16.3%
  • Mayan

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Pretty Maids

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Symphony X

Votes: 30 21.3%

• Total voters
My first Progpower. Certainly not the last!

Mystic Prophecy
Lanfear
Symphony X
Epica
Sinbreed

Redemption, without even needing to think about it.

I also voted for Kingcrow, Epica (surprised there's not more love for them on this poll!), Lanfear, and Mayan. Mark-fucking-Jansen!!!!!!

Wish I could also vote for Jon Oliva. :)

Happy to see that Beyond the Bridge getting a bit of love here! I’ve been spinning this CD ever since they were announced as a replacement, and their set was one of the highlights of the festival for me. But I wondered what kind of reaction they would get from attendees who viewed the performance as a random collection of songs, as opposed to a concept album.

Other favorites for me were Symphony X, Redemption, Serenity, and Epica…and if there was an option to vote for the Jon Oliva workshop, I’d vote twice!

Fairly evenly ranked sets by most of the bands. The only one I did not like was Beyond The Bridge. The cd is good, I just didn't feel it live...it was too???sterile?

My two favorite performances the whole weekend were definitely Pretty Maids and Amaranthe, but Serenity was definitely very close behind them. Cast my vote for all three! I do remember hearing positive comments about every band that played over the course of the weekend, even when people prefaced their statements with, "Well, they're not really my thing, but..."

Best set by far was Primordial, followed by Beyond the Bridge, Mystic Prophecy and Lanfear. Best show of the entire 4 days, though, was the Jon Oliva workshop.

I already knew what to expect from Redemption and Symphony X (and in the case of Symphony X, they could have won my vote with more surprise songs), so I limited myself to one vote for the band I was seeing for the first time who impressed me the most: Serenity. The vocal harmonies between the main members were spot-on, the musicianship was top-notch, the singer nailed his parts beautifully, and their interaction with the audience was a lot of fun. The female vocals weren't bad, but I have to say that they were the weak link. Nonetheless, the main band's performance more than made up for that. Beyond The Bridge was a close second for me, but Serenity's ability to amp up the crowd gave them the edge.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Lots and lots of choices this year, but I think if I had to choose the bands that really went above and beyond, Amaranthe and Solution .45 brought it the hardest.

Pretty Maids were definitely my favorite with Serenity close behind. Honestly though, no band sucked this year. Even the two bands I assumed going in would be my "dinner and a nap" bands, Primordial and Mayan, turned out to be pretty damn entertaining on stage.

I'm pretty upset that I was too hungover to be on the floor for Beyond the Bridge, their set surpassed my expectations regardless. Redemption had my favorite set of the week, with Pretty Maids being one of the more fun live shows I've ever seen.

Interesting that Epica (one of the headliners) got so few votes. I didn't see any of their set, as their music doesn't interest me. But I would have assumed they would have fared better in this poll.

Interesting that Epica (one of the headliners) got so few votes. I didn't see any of their set, as their music doesn't interest me. But I would have assumed they would have fared better in this poll.

I thought the same thing this morning. Very surprising indeed, and at that point they had the least votes of all bands.

My top five of the fest:

1. Serenity
2. Pretty Maids
3. Primordial
4. Beyond the Bridge
5. Mayan

Mystic Prophecy and Amaranthe are very close runner-ups, and to be honest, not a single band that I stuck around for performed a bad set. It was an incredible year all around.

AMARANTHE!!!! With all the troubles they still rocked it massively!!!! and sounded absolutely awesome!!!

Symphony X, Solution 45, Mystic Prophecy and Pretty Maids all ring in towards the top for me!

Bear

Favs, in order:

Lanfear
Redemption
Kingcrow
BTB
Primordial
Mystic Prophecy

I'm sure to be the only one who lists Lanfear as #1, and so be it. All of the bands were great, including the Thursday show which was spectacular. This was an awesome weekend for sure!

(We saw SymX recently in a smaller venue - not counting them here)