Pop Djent Mix - Drop F#, Keyboards, etc.

I find the snare a little boomy on the low-mid ends, and that song is awesome!

Dude, awesome song, love it! Only thing is that I hate cymbals - they sound like over-compressed, all the time in your face and take attention from rest stuff. For accent cue hits it could be OK but doing cymbal wash hits is straight up irritating.

I agree with the others, snare is a little boomy on the low end, maybe look at eq'ing that out if you're using a separate reverb for the snare. Cymbal washes are a bit monotonous too, look at toning the volume or velocities down or humanising them a bit more.

Other than that though, it's a killer track and is sounding really great!

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm with you on the cymbals. These are all sampled drums so the cymbal wash was a bit difficult to tame on this track because of the tempo - might just swap for hi-hats and pull the OH fader back a bit.

I think maybe I need to just suck some more low-mids of my snare plate verb too.

For the cymbal wash parts, if you use superior drummer there's a feature called MHE (multiple hits emulation) which if pulled all the way to the right does a pretty good job of improving the sound of cymbal washes. I find if you pull the velocity down a bit and turn MHE all the way up it improves things greatly. Just a thought if you don't want to go changing the dynamics of the song.

Looking forward to the end product though man, lovin this track.

Reactions: Pr0z4kk