Porcelain Heart

lol whole point in not talking about leaked songs and giving your two cents about things like a 10 second drum fill is because the release is not official yet(i know porcelain heart is, but say if we had all heard the album here. I mean theres enough arguing over the previous albums ftlog). one might say that it is your right as fan to voice your opinion or that you are merely listening to something that you have already paid for (me included). But not having the decency to refrain from talking about leaked songs on the bands official forum is pretty shitty considering we have places like *********.net to hang out at.

axe's bit is pretty awful

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7175779 said:
Does it cost $1 really? Wow!

Well, I guess some of you simply don't understand the Axe fill here. It's meant to be chaotic, not a "nice" fill. The effect when it goes back into the verse to me is amazing, and that's what we're looking for. I guess everyone can't have the same vision as we do and there'll always be complaints.

On the contrary to this last poster I found that bit to be one of the highlights of the song actually. I fucking love it! And it was a magic take as well...

Cheers people
Mike

That is something like what Gene Krupa or Buddy Rich would do and it is amazing Mike. I listened to it with a "flurry of smoke" and got it right away. Thanks for the genius.
Ha Ha Ha.

Well, the 3 songs we've heard suggest this album is anything BUT a 'watershed'. It's run-of-the-mill Opeth (this is a good thing... hey, why didn't they call the album that? :) ).

whose single is softer and more uninteresting than the new In Flames album.
:erk:

Have to disagree with you there.

Well, the 3 songs we've heard suggest this album is anything BUT a 'watershed'. It's run-of-the-mill Opeth (this is a good thing... hey, why didn't they call the album that? :) ).
Who knows, maybe the other songs will be avant garde chamber music or progressive trip-hop. With Garm from Ulver as a guest.

Honestly, I swear this happens with each cd release.

people dont understand it, say it sucks... it happened ever since i came here during deliverance days. it sucks i hate damnation i hate ghost reveries i hate watershed

give me a fucking break.

Dunno about the ball-sucking but i have to agree with you 200% here. I liked it at first but now i think It's a very shitty song.
I was quite impressed to see so many posters dissing the drum fill because it looked like they never heard a drummer add something non linear in a small part of a song in their whole lives. I wasn't defending the song, even if some dickface (Ometh) mistook me for a fanboy.
The fucking TGC melody revival is the worst step that Mike could take with his songwriting, and there is not a single interesting hook or dynamic riff in the entire thing. It's a trainwreck of a song, the vocals starting at 5:00 sound too sweety sweety, like Tori Akerfeldt or something, people love that part and i don't know why.

Alright then. I just got the impression you were getting a bit defensive over one criticism. Anyway, that's by the by.

lol whole point in not talking about leaked songs and giving your two cents about things like a 10 second drum fill is because the release is not official yet(i know porcelain heart is, but say if we had all heard the album here. I mean theres enough arguing over the previous albums ftlog). one might say that it is your right as fan to voice your opinion or that you are merely listening to something that you have already paid for (me included). But not having the decency to refrain from talking about leaked songs on the bands official forum is pretty shitty considering we have places like *********.net to hang out at.

I thought both videos were official/legal... they're both from the same source. :S

lol of course it wasnt legal at the time. samsara posted shit about this, unless its on opeth.com or roadrunner of course it wont be legal. no band is going to officially release tracks on youtube dummy

Why not? :loco:

"Opeth's new single THE LOTUS EATER from the ninth observation WATERSHED will be released only as a YouTube single" :lol:

lol at everyone who is so angry about this song. This song is amazing, very different from what were used to from Opeth. And Axe's drumming is wonderful, I hear lots of folky Comus references, and Mikael's signing is stunning. I'm excited to here this change in their music. I don't want them to continue releasing "My arms, Your Hearse" over and over again, I want to hear the band progress and thats exactly what I'm hearing. If you want to here that style of Opeth, listen to there old stuff, otherwise respect and get over the fact that they are maturing as a band.

Interesting opinions, I loved both songs, but I'm gonna stop listening to them from now and wait for the full thing. In terms of comparing the two The Lotus Eater was definitely better, but I do really like PH as well. They are pretty different songs, so comparisons, are pretty hard. I'm not going to make a judgment on Heir Apparent yet, but from what I can hear it sounds fantastic. It was a nice taste/fix now the wait should be fine. Theres heaps of music to listen too, and a few new releases before Watershed, plus GTA IV comes out in a few days, that will own me pretty hard.