Porcupine...trains

I had that album.

Now the shop has it again.

it was like some twisted, evil pop beatles version of opeth, made me feel sick

Trains is excellent. I can't wait to see it live later in the month. They have only just begun playing it live.

PT's older stuff varies greatly, even within an album. I would start with in Absentia and work backward. If you enjoy it, you will like Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun for sure. Stupid dream is the most cohesive with great flow throughout the album but Lightbulb Sun has some classics like Shesmovedon and Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled. Signify, the album before is excellent as well, it's darker than LBS and SD and has some interesting use of samples.

The albums before that tend to be more experimental and less like the In Absentia PT but then that's what makes them great, their progression, much like Opeth. (brings it back to relevance to Opeth :D ) A warning though, like Opeth, this stuff is addictive.

Cheers,

T

Trains is awesome. I've been crossing my fingers that they'll play it in San Francisco come July 31. We'll see. Anyway, I think that is the best song on In Absentia....but I've other favorites too. Namely: Collapse the light into Earth, Blackest Eyes, and Heartattack in a layby........
The tour is gonna be great. You know? There are countless times that I think, "Man, it would have been cool to see Zeppelin on the Physical Graffitti tour..." or something like that. But, now, here's a chance......you know, to make up for that kind of thing. Porcupine Tree on the In Absentia tour....and Opeth touring for Damnation........I really think it's a cool time for music.......

when i first saw "strip the soul" on mtv2, i wasn't impressed at all...but i think that song has recently become my favorite track on the cd. trains is an amazing song as well however.

Trains is definetely one of my favorite songs EVER. I absolubtely love it, and ever since the first time I heard it, I knew PT would become one of my favorite bands. That song embodies so much for me on a personal level, it brings back so many memories for some reason...beautiful all the way through.